British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

If he gets the 25% would be a good bet

Where though

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If he gets the 25% would be a good bet

He's not strong enough to be a No.6 though imo. 

No.6's include riders like Kerr, Jakobsen, Rew & Brennan.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

He's not strong enough to be a No.6 though imo. 

No.6's include riders like Kerr, Jakobsen, Rew & Brennan.

I don't agree that Mountain isn't strong enough to be a number 6, as he clearly has potential. While he could be the lowest averaged number 6 in the league - that means the team can have a stronger top 5, it's not like anyone is suggesting using a 3 point Mountain if a club has 5 points available!

Connor held his own at reserve for Sheffield and would be able to handle the number 6 spot.  Regularly won heat 2 home or away and picked up plenty of scalps in heats 4 and latter heats 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't really remember any specific performances but I do remember him riding like a heat leader one week and then a reserve the next... you never really knew what you were going to get. Didn't he go on to be a successful engine tuner under the guise of Finn Rune Jensen?

I dont think it was a week ~ more like a match. 3-0-3-0.  I used to hate that. :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

I dont think it was a week ~ more like a match. 3-0-3-0.  I used to hate that. :D

Always a big disappointment when a rider starts with an unexpected win but then can't repeat the performance or runs a load of last places. We know there are reasons for it, but all the same it's a downer!!

• Like 1

Things have gone quiet on the Leicester team completion front. 

Is Connor Mountain in or not? Is he good enough and ready enough to step up to being a No 6? He seems like a six and a half to me. Is that good enough to carry the extra points scoring responsibility with a very inexperienced No.7 under his wing?

He's got an ideal chance now to really kick on in the CL, and if so could get plenty of guest bookings in that league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Things have gone quiet on the Leicester team completion front. 

Is Connor Mountain in or not? Is he good enough and ready enough to step up to being a No 6? He seems like a six and a half to me. Is that good enough to carry the extra points scoring responsibility with a very inexperienced No.7 under his wing?

He's got an ideal chance now to really kick on in the CL, and if so could get plenty of guest bookings in that league. 

Could it be Hume?

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

What do the lions fans think about Allen & Mountain taking the last two slots in the side?

Id be happy with that. Allen will look to improve on last year's average for sure and mountain is a asset and the fans like him.