British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

On the "is there more than meets the eye" part, there always is, people don't sell profitable business' unless their heading off into the sunset on the profit they've made.

But it could be they are putting in dozens of hours every week running the club to make a very small profit, which would make it one of the more successful clubs, but the profit gained isn't worthwhile enough for the hours put in?

I'm happy to be corrected but I think Leicester recent success has been down to 3 things. 

The Bates family underwriting by approx 50 to 60k per annum investment to build successful teams

An excellent sponsorship via JCB and associated Partner financially and infrastructure 

Stewart Dickson and an incredibly hard working team people like Alan Jones etc

Bates shoots from the hip but without them the Club would not have achieved what it has. 

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

But it could be they are putting in dozens of hours every week running the club to make a very small profit, which would make it one of the more successful clubs, but the profit gained isn't worthwhile enough for the hours put in?

All assumptions which we'll never know. 

"Any parties interested in taking over Leicester Speedway for 2024 and beyond are asked to contact....."

:( that's the bit that would concern me most.

1 minute ago, Cast1rn said:

All assumptions which we'll never know. 

"Any parties interested in taking over Leicester Speedway for 2024 and beyond are asked to contact....."

:( that's the bit that would concern me most.

... lions@leicesterspeedway.com on a confidential basis.

What concerns you about that? I wouldn't expect to see it in the exchange and mart

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

... lions@leicesterspeedway.com on a confidential basis.

What concerns you about that? I wouldn't expect to see it in the exchange and mart

We have lots of interested parties, but if you feel like you want to buy a speedway club please contact us on this email.

I would say that part.

1 minute ago, Cast1rn said:

We have lots of interested parties, but if you feel like you want to buy a speedway club please contact us on this email.

I would say that part.

The more interested parties the better I would say as far as the seller is concerned

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

FFS. Here I was thinking Leicester was one of the few stable clubs left. 

The sport really is f’ed, I give it two years.

The Premiership certainly is.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

FFS. Here I was thinking Leicester was one of the few stable clubs left. 

The sport really is f’ed, I give it two years.

I wouldn't say it's f'ed, it's just going to have to change to fit the market. 

2 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I wouldn't say it's f'ed, it's just going to have to change to fit the market. 

Bring back the good old days prem days of finishing bottom riding on the graveyard shift :rofl:

Can only hope a speedway enthusiast is out there somewhere, there can't be much of a case for "buying" a speedway club currently.

• Like 2

Any body wanting to buy Leicester as a going concern first Question must be.Who are we’re racing against in 2024,with the situations at KL, Peterborough and Wolves to start with.!!

• Like 5

I'd be really interested to hear from regular Leicester fans as to what Premiership attendances are like compared to the last couple of years at Championship level on Saturdays?

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'd be really interested to hear from regular Leicester fans as to what Premiership attendances are like compared to the last couple of years at Championship level on Saturdays?

I'd  say about the same, maybe a tad lower at the start of the season

• Like 1