Mimmo

King's Lynn v Belle Vue (SGBPB)

Ah so pit bikes not dancing :rolleyes:

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

i was being sarcastic about the dancing :lol:

Fair play :D

To be fair it could have been pit bikes, dancing, loading the van, a virus, missed flight, van broke down etc etc......I dont think he was ever coming.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The issue is that the meeting was advertised with Lambert included when it was known long before tapes up that he wasn't coming, absolutely Lynn at fault. The problem is speedway fans are too nice to kick up a fuss, they are taken for granted because they allow themselves to be. As Haza says it'll all be forgotten by next March.

Nothing will change until British Speedway is run by a no nonsense character who won't allow clubs and riders to take the pee, like the Polish authorities who rule with an iron fist. We shouldn't even be riding in October, the league meetings and Play Offs should be done by the end of August with September for cups and individuals. The whole thing is an utter shambles, people are expected to turn up and pay £20 with no effort, transparency or customer care from those running it. 

Sort it out for 2023 FFS.

Imo both promotions are at fault for advertising the said teams.They both had the opportunity to inform the fans that Lambert wasn't going to be there.They both chose not too.Would those few Belle Vue fans there have travelled had they known there team beforehand.That must have cost themselves a small fortune last night.Hopefully the Belle Vue promotion will reimburse their costs with the saving they made from not having to pay Lambert.

Apart from all this rubbish going on though,the meeting was excellent and one of if not the best this season.Fair play to Zagar.S.Lambert and especially Kurtz for getting stuck in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Imo both promotions are at fault for advertising the said teams.They both had the opportunity to inform the fans that Lambert wasn't going to be there.They both chose not too.Would those few Belle Vue fans there have travelled had they known there team beforehand.That must have cost themselves a small fortune last night.Hopefully the Belle Vue promotion will reimburse their costs with the saving they made from not having to pay Lambert.

Apart from all this rubbish going on though,the meeting was excellent and one of if not the best this season.Fair play to Zagar.S.Lambert and especially Kurtz for getting stuck in.

It was up to BV to announce it not KL, Robert informed BV not KL!  They should've for their own fans' sakes imo! Poor!!

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

i was being sarcastic about the dancing :lol:

Didn't seem sarcastic when i read it Phil.It probably would have sounded more sarcastic had you left it at the dancing bit.But you then go on and pretty much lay the blame at Lynn's door because they knew of it a few days ago but didn't want it mentioned.So according to Lambert you have told a porkie.

1 hour ago, DanielC said:

Update from Robert this morning.

PSX_20221025_080007.jpg

Injured Playing on Pit bikes during speedway season so Professional,imagine him having to tell these stories to his Polish Club.Typical speedway rider these days no thought for the people who pay their wages.

• Like 2

It was quite cold last night so i was pleased there was only one track grade, obviously Buster wasn't there or if he was he didn't fancy doing a dozen laps like he normally does, i was home by 9-30 happy days.

What a wasted opportunity here ... I would have thought that, if only for the comedy value, the old 'I was loading my van and a toolbox fell on my head' excuse would have been worth another airing!!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

The issue is that the meeting was advertised with Lambert included when it was known long before tapes up that he wasn't coming, absolutely Lynn at fault. The problem is speedway fans are too nice to kick up a fuss, they are taken for granted because they allow themselves to be. As Haza says it'll all be forgotten by next March.

Nothing will change until British Speedway is run by a no nonsense character who won't allow clubs and riders to take the pee, like the Polish authorities who rule with an iron fist. We shouldn't even be riding in October, the league meetings and Play Offs should be done by the end of August with September for cups and individuals. The whole thing is an utter shambles, people are expected to turn up and pay £20 with no effort, transparency or customer care from those running it. 

Sort it out for 2023 FFS.

Not much chance of anything be sorted out.It’s Speedway we’re talking about.

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

What a load of tosh,how long does it take to recover from a twisted ankle? Let me guess must be a whole 5-10 minutes,would he have missed a grand prix or a big pay day in poland,belle vue have dragged this great sport right down to the gutter .

I've know riders to ride with broken bones so a twisted ankle is just an excuse.

1 minute ago, Dodger Blue said:

What a wasted opportunity here ... I would have thought that, if only for the comedy value, the old 'I was loading my van and a toolbox fell on my head' excuse would have been worth another airing!!!

I thought it would have been a pulled back muscle unloading the van,or lifting the rucksack with my Belle Vue wages inside it.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TINYS said:

It was quite cold last night so i was pleased there was only one track grade, obviously Buster wasn't there or if he was he didn't fancy doing a dozen laps like he normally does, i was home by 9-30 happy days.

Buster was there.

When i got there my first impression was that i have never seen the track looking so good as it did last night.It just looked immaculate even down to the white lines.Whether they were using different material last night it just looked different.It certainly wasn't as tacky as it usually is so maybe less clay in it.

• Like 1