British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

No way Hans is back nor would I want him back. I doubt Complin or Roynon come back but stranger things have happened.

If rumours are to be believed Worrall, Barker and Gilkes appear to be on the radar for returns, not sure Alfie comes back but I really hope he is, especially on that average. As far as Barker goes, he's great value at Plymouth and is a decent enough rider away but as someone has said you're getting an entertaining rider but someone off the track who time after time lets people down. He is of course the promoters nephew so every chance he'll be back.

I think Paul Starke on 4.93 could be a good shout as he goes well at Plymouth and I'd expect him to improve that average.

Any reason why? I thought Hans did well for Plymouth last season. 

Sure I saw a newspaper article on twitter saying Plymouth are looking to have Ben back in the team. 

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sure I saw a newspaper article on twitter saying Plymouth are looking to have Ben back in the team. 

In this week's Speedway Star.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Plymouth will be strong at home with or without Bowtell.

The choice though between Bowtell or Starke on those averages, if it was between the pair , especially Away ; would be an absolute no-brainer.

Now the bonus points are back, having a strong home rider (Bowtell) is useful.

2 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

No way Hans is back nor would I want him back. I doubt Complin or Roynon come back but stranger things have happened.

If rumours are to be believed Worrall, Barker and Gilkes appear to be on the radar for returns, not sure Alfie comes back but I really hope he is, especially on that average. As far as Barker goes, he's great value at Plymouth and is a decent enough rider away but as someone has said you're getting an entertaining rider but someone off the track who time after time lets people down. He is of course the promoters nephew so every chance he'll be back.

I think Paul Starke on 4.93 could be a good shout as he goes well at Plymouth and I'd expect him to improve that average.

I believe Starke will be about half a point higher than that when the Newcastle fixtures are removed?

very valid point.

Suppose its a calculation as the what's better , possibly more points from Bowtell at Home as opposed to probably more points from Starke Away and balancing that over Home and Away Fixtures.

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

very valid point.

Suppose its a calculation as the what's better , possibly more points from Bowtell at Home as opposed to probably more points from Starke Away and balancing that over Home and Away Fixtures.

If it was a choice between the two I'd definitely go Alfie (if 100% fit). Lower average and could start at reserve meaning he'd be a good points scorer home and away. Before Alfie got hurt his away from was improving massively. I'd take Starke as a 2nd stringer though if we can bring Gilkes back along with a decent heat leader trio.

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I believe Starke will be about half a point higher than that when the Newcastle fixtures are removed?

Good point well made. That's annoying though! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

His average dropped considerably and for me he never really looked like he wanted to be there. As for Ben, I'm certain he'll be back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I reckon Paul is now 5.11 (after taking his UK reduction off)

3 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

His average dropped considerably and for me he never really looked like he wanted to be there. As for Ben, I'm certain he'll be back

One of Han's best meetings was the seasons final match v Glasgow, it looked like Hans was @ a job interview for a 2023 team place BUT where Plymouth or Glasgow?

16 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

One of Han's best meetings was the seasons final match v Glasgow, it looked like Hans was @ a job interview for a 2023 team place BUT where Plymouth or Glasgow?

Glasgow! They can have Bomber and Hans. I know @Jaizer will love it! :D

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Glasgow! They can have Bomber and Hans. I know @Jaizer will love it! :D

That's plenty!!

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That's plenty!!

:D 

I have to get these in whilst I can as I am sure Bomber will be at Birmingham. And I think Hans says he needs to do both leagues to make it pay, so no guarantee he will do Champ next season if he doesn't get Prem. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

:D 

I have to get these in whilst I can as I am sure Bomber will be at Birmingham. And I think Hans says he needs to do both leagues to make it pay, so no guarantee he will do Champ next season if he doesn't get Prem. 

Hans may be back at his parent club with his main sponsor?;);)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hans may be back at his parent club with his main sponsor?;);)

Average too high? Though I haven't checked what it ended up on. 

Edit - although everyone should want us to sign him as we never win the league when he is in the team. I think he is a bit of a jinx ;)

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1