British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

26 minutes ago, Waspman said:

Hi I'm on hols in exmouth in 2 weeks time coming to see the speedway oxford the visitors I have sat nav in the car is it much hassle to get to the track after I get off the express  way ta

No, it’s literally two minutes in the car 

follow the park and ride signs. Just before the park snd ride car park, you csn follow the road around to the right and it takes you straight to the track where you can  park. 
really easy 

best bet when you get near the park snd ride, I’d just watch where the fans are waking and follow them

Plymouth's track couldn't be any easier to get to, great little set up. I'd recommend the front row of the back straight, you can basically reach out and touch the riders, one of the best views in British speedway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

Morley - In

Starke - Out

Bad to worse! Like Ben a lot, but not an improvement. Going to be a tough season for Plymouth unless we end up rebuilding with 3 or 4 changes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Bad to worse! Like Ben a lot, but not an improvement. Going to be a tough season for Plymouth unless we end up rebuilding with 3 or 4 changes.

How can it be worse? Starke is averaging just over 3 this season and his average is on the slide, if Morley can score his average its an improvement to the team. However until there is a potent reserve in place i don't see any particular threat from Plymouth to anyone this year.

I think Jake Turner will get better each meeting he does, so think they just need to stick with him for the time being. Depends how long he is out for though with his injury? 

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

How can it be worse? Starke is averaging just over 3 this season and his average is on the slide, if Morley can score his average its an improvement to the team. However until there is a potent reserve in place i don't see any particular threat from Plymouth to anyone this year.

2 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Morley was very good at Plymouth, so should at least help them win at home.

Home 7.43 (8.19)

Away 3.90 (4.50)

Edited by szkocjasid

Poole  6th June.

Who ever compiled the Gladiators 2023 fixtures has done the Plymouth fans & management no favors what so ever. 

Who is this person please?

7 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Poole  6th June.

Who ever compiled the Gladiators 2023 fixtures has done the Plymouth fans & management no favors what so ever. 

Who is this person please?

It's your 1-7 that I'd be more concerned with...you might even finish below us ! :D

I’m happy Morley is back, I like starkey but he just hasn’t done it this year. Still for me one more change needed .

37 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I’m happy Morley is back, I like starkey but he just hasn’t done it this year. Still for me one more change needed .

I’m sure a few Teams would like to make the odd change but given the Averages and riders availability very difficult IMO

• Like 1

Morley strengthens Plymouth at home. Very good around there. Strake’s heart just didn’t seem to be in it this season. A year too long in the sport for him?

• Like 2

Don't think Starkey has ever got really back to the level he was at before breaking both wrists and other hand damage in the British Final pre Covid. 

Great lad and a shame. 

Morley is great round a couple of tracks, dire at most but as others have said supporters want to see home wins anything else is a bonus. 

Turner has been seen at PB a few times with Cribby word is he has bad ligament damage which can be harder to fix than a break 

Trigger is cemented in that team whatever happens and no real 2 point alternative. He needs to be more aggressive in first turns, he is in NDL but seems overwhelmed in CL, a sign of immaturity maybe. 

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think Jake Turner will get better each meeting he does, so think they just need to stick with him for the time being. Depends how long he is out for though with his injury? 

Back this Tuesday I believe 

• Thanks 1