British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

On 1/27/2023 at 9:05 AM, marko said:

For the sake of 0.08 out and they could have had Bowtell back, that would have made them very very strong.

Instead Alfie will have to start in the main body of a fairly poor looking team.

Agree about B'ham's poor looking team...but if Bowtell can't compete in the main body of Championship side by now, then I doubt he ever will be able to ?

Just looked at confirmed signings on British Speedway Website. Paul Starke is no longer listed on the Gladiators 2023 team. Can anyone explain, why.

3 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Just looked at confirmed signings on British Speedway Website. Paul Starke is no longer listed on the Gladiators 2023 team. Can anyone explain, why.

That's list has barely been kept up to date all winter, signings that had been announced for weeks weren't there sometimes, don't think that means anything

19 hours ago, mikebaker said:

He's never been on there from what I've seen.

21 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Rumour is he's been tapped up by Poole to head the track rakers on a guarantee of 100 quid a heat and double for a golden heat. 

Edited by HGould
Spell
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Rumour is he's been tapped up by Poole to head the track rakers on a guarantee of 100 quid a heat and double for a golden heat. 

Most people would find this funny but not those who know what has gone on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Most people would find this funny but not those who know what has gone on.

So is Starkey riding for Plymouth this season or not ?.

Well judging by today's announcement of his testimonial at Plymouth this season,  I guess he will be in the 1-7.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well judging by today's announcement of his testimonial at Plymouth this season,  I guess he will be in the 1-7.

Well... Who's that?

Just dawned on me you're on about Starkey... Not the final rider :D Tut tut

Edited by Diamonds85

Good to see some Plymouth riders on track yesterday getting rid of the off season cobwebs.

Hi guys, for those that are unable to attend the first meeting at Plymouth on Tuesday 4th April, but would like to watch the event and support Paul Starke, his 4TT Testimonial meeting is being streamed live by Gladiators TV.  The stream starts at 6:45pm, at a cost of £11.99, with all profits going direct to Paul.

Here is the direct link to purchase the stream.  Enjoy!!!

https://www.gladiatorslive.com

Edited by SpeedwayPortal
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, SpeedwayPortal said:

Hi guys, for those that are unable to attend the first meeting at Plymouth on Tuesday 4th April, but would like to watch the event and support Paul Starke, his 4TT Testimonial meeting is being streamed live by Gladiators TV.  The stream starts at 6:45pm, at a cost of £11.99, with all profits going direct to Paul.

Here is the direct link to purchase the stream.  Enjoy!!!

https://www.gladiatorslive.com

I like the idea of a 4tt testimonial meeting, will be looking at getting the stream. Even if I miss some of celebrity hunted. That is committment for you! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I like the idea of a 4tt testimonial meeting, will be looking at getting the stream. Even if I miss some of celebrity hunted. That is commitment for you! :D

Thanks Lisa-colette, we have been on board with Paul and Starke Racing since 2016, and can say what a truly genuine awesome guy Paul is, along with his dad Tony and their family.

• Like 2

As there is not yet a seperate thread for the Gladiators v Pirates meeting on Tuesday 11th April (I'll leave that to a Plymouth fan.....), can anyone confirm that the 'special offer' from Shale Events Ltd of a voucher worth £5 for this meeting , is all above board?  Its been on Facebook for the last few days, as Shale Events are supposedly the meeting sponsors on Tuesday.

Just checking due to the recent, very public history of the 'Weston Rebels'!! 

Well done if the offer is accurate, and has the full support of the Plymouth club, as there is nothing on the club website at the moment.!

Edited by Skidder1