British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, pubichair said:

Has jakobsen actually been announced?

If Tellboy said so then yes

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I suspect three or four others will be back to join him, don't see too many changes. 

Need to build differently and obviously averages come into it.From the October green sheets,believe this or not the Lynn team had the 2nd highest team average by some distance only behind Belle Vue.Seems ridiculous doesn't it that based on this years rules Lynn and Belle Vue would have to dumb down while the rest could strengthen up.

7.91 would be a no go for me on Lawson and Jorgensen probably one of our riders of the season maybe too high on a 6.35.Pickering just over 6 would be ok.would probably be the only other one from the top 5 i would have back.Averages may change as it has been the season of weird goings on.So we will have to wait to see what changes they make at their get together and go from there i suppose.

21 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Need to build differently and obviously averages come into it.From the October green sheets,believe this or not the Lynn team had the 2nd highest team average by some distance only behind Belle Vue.Seems ridiculous doesn't it that based on this years rules Lynn and Belle Vue would have to dumb down while the rest could strengthen up.

7.91 would be a no go for me on Lawson and Jorgensen probably one of our riders of the season maybe too high on a 6.35.Pickering just over 6 would be ok.would probably be the only other one from the top 5 i would have back.Averages may change as it has been the season of weird goings on.So we will have to wait to see what changes they make at their get together and go from there i suppose.

I can see Pickering, Jorgensen ad possibly Klindt returning. Feel for Lawson, would have him back on a seven but he's not good value on his final figure especially if a few bigger names return to the league for 2023. Can see Worrall at Leicester and if FTR's are retained we're in good shape with Thomas and Edwards. 

Would have Iversen back if he wants to race here and we be daft not to consider Riss. All depends on the numbers though.

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can see Pickering, Jorgensen ad possibly Klindt returning. Feel for Lawson, would have him back on a seven but he's not good value on his final figure especially if a few bigger names return to the league for 2023. Can see Worrall at Leicester and if FTR's are retained we're in good shape with Thomas and Edwards. 

Would have Iversen back if he wants to race here and we be daft not to consider Riss. All depends on the numbers though.

Jorgensen seems part if the furniture at Saddlebow Rd now, would say Pickering maybe in high demand on that relatively low average but would hope he has some loyalty to the Stars having been made captain this year.  Iversen is 40 and is definitely on the decline, but is still a decent heat leader in the UK, not sure he's a #1 anymore though.

I'd have NKI instead of Klindt and keep the rest of the team if they want to stay.  They can all do the biz, they've shown it this season ......

16 minutes ago, Trees said:

I'd have NKI instead of Klindt and keep the rest of the team if they want to stay.  They can all do the biz, they've shown it this season ......

Rumours suggest R Worrall is staying at Leicester with their move to the Premiership it means Stars will need an addition to the current septet.  With Worrall gone could Stars fit in both Klindt & NKI.  I know Polish Ekstraliga agreed that their riders could ride in two other leagues but NKI wasn't an Ekstraliga rider in 2022 and isn't likely to be next year.  Are the other Polish leagues following suit?

NKI, Klindt, Lawson, Jorgensen, Pickering & Jakobsen = 40.42 so unlikely.

39 minutes ago, Trees said:

we didnt even get to the play offs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Need changes,this team didn't finish in a play off spot.Why would you want to keep the same team that failed this year?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Need changes,this team didn't finish in a play off spot.Why would you want to keep the same team that failed this year?

Nicholls and Andersen are available 

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

A couple of new faces needed I’d have thought - Iversen at 40 I’d have thought his time is over at Lynn - who the club can sign that’s another story depends who if any decide to return to British speedway in 2023 

Minors and Brady are going to need to sell a hell of alot of properties to fund the team the Stars fans want , especially as the higher interest rates will be slowing the housing market right down