British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

He didn't save Peterborough. He bought it to save the Premiership & it's TV deal

No one else wanted to buy it. Without him it would have possibly folded 4 years ago 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

And the championship pairs at Somerset 

And the 4's in 2011... but apart from that and the pairs last year and the pairs in 2015 what have the Witches won since 98? :D

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

And the 4's in 2011... but apart from that and the pairs last year and the pairs in 2015 what have the Witches won since 98? :D

Nowt, but it's the taking part that counts:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

This is correct, as far as I remember it's owned by Ipswich Speedway Limited which is nothing to do with the Witches.

Only in speedway would you get a situation like this.... 

47 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Only in speedway would you get a situation like this.... 

Ipswich speedway limited is the original company from the 50’s. They are a collective of individuals who formed the stadium.  
when Deane wood took over spedeworth (stock cars) he tried to buy the stadium and did reach agreement but the deal fell through as a couple of the consortium wanted more. Deane was responsible for the extensive improvements which were very welcome including the two massive seating areas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

No one else wanted to buy it. Without him it would have possibly folded 4 years ago 

It wouldn’t. Ged was clear that we would continue to race in the second tier if no sale took place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Do you still have your promoter’s license Neil ? 

A Promoter’s licence relates to a specific Club and appointment; and I have neither of those at the moment.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Tomalin said he wanted to buy PB pre season, and still wants it apparently. £40k is "chump change" to him , " just one of his cars"  it has been said. As a big Panthers fan, who has built an "empire" his words,  he could buy it now. After all he could probably buy it with the sponsor money that he apparently hasn't paid, after falling out with Buster.

There is an ongoing theme here though….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I personally think the bspa should punish KL for not being able to fulfil fixtures.

They can't keep getting away with this without being reprimanded. Wouldn't happen in any other sport.

Deduct them 6 points for every meeting they fail to complete, excluding rain offs. Also award the away team points if a fixture is called off without a valid excuse. 

At the moment KL are taking the piss and making the authorities look silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pleasureboy60 said:

I personally think the bspa should punish KL for not being able to fulfil fixtures.

They can't keep getting away with this without being reprimanded. Wouldn't happen in any other sport.

Deduct them 6 points for every meeting they fail to complete, excluding rain offs. Also award the away team points if a fixture is called off without a valid excuse. 

At the moment, we have had 1 meeting postponed until later in the month !!. I think your a bit premature with that post myself. :blink:.. Am i missing something. Is it not PB that is without a promoter for todays cancelled meeting at King's Lynn?. Surely that was one of the problems? And i did say "one" before i get a load of, Buster is to blame for everything in the world. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

100% agree BUT sadly Chapman won’t be sanctioned as his mate the equally useless Gormless Godfrey is the BSPA chairman.  The management and authority of speedway is and always has been in the hands of a very selected few. Once again it’s the fans that get a bad deal and will be affected and then the promoters will be scratching their heads wondering why the crowd levels are rubbish! 

1 hour ago, pleasureboy60 said:

55 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

100% agree BUT sadly Chapman won’t be sanctioned as his mate the equally useless Gormless Godfrey is the BSPA chairman.  The management and authority of speedway is and always has been in the hands of a very selected few. Once again it’s the fans that get a bad deal and will be affected and then the promoters will be scratching their heads wondering why the crowd levels are rubbish! 

Unfortunately you two are letting your dislike of Keith Chapman get in the way of sensible suggestion and debate.....the club is working with and not against the BSPL and keys not forget that the person who was running and funding the team has walked away half way through the season due to personal reasons, other than seeing the club shut down for the year I don't really know what the alternative is.

You are right the fans are suffering but I don't see how deducting points and awarding meetings helps anybody least of all loyal supporters. The priority has to be getting through this season and coming back stronger in 2024 whoever that is under. Highly unlikely to be Buster, he wants to hand over the reins and retire, good job he hasn't decided to do that already and has instead stepped into the breach to try and keep the Stars going.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Unfortunately you two are letting your dislike of Keith Chapman get in the way of sensiblevsuggestion and debate.....the club is working with and not against the BSPL and keys not forget that the person who was running and funding the team has walked away half way through the season due to personal reasons, other than seeing the club shut down for the year I don't really know what the alternative is.

You are right the fans are suffering but I don't see how deducting points and awarding meetings helps anybody least of all loyal supporters. The priority has to be getting through this season and coming back stronger in 2024 whoever that is under. Highly unlikely to be Buster, he wants to hand over the reins and retire, good job he hasn't decided to do that already and has instead stepped into the breach to try and keep the Stars going.

Well put Baggy. A lot better put than I could of done, or had the patience to try.