British Speedway Forum

I believe the reality is that Brady was happy with the financial situation he left behind. However this was based on larger attendances. Apparently Lynn need approx 900 fans to break even based on their current commitments, so i guess anything less is what's causing Buster to suggest they are over budget.

Brady quitting for personal reasons couldn't be helped but unfortunately one thing he has to take responsibility for is that he built an extremely poor team at the start of the season and now Lynn are paying the price for it.

When they come back to tapes, i expect there will be at least one rider change which will reduce the cost of the team.

4 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Neil...please have a word and get him back at Peterborough...had meetings with the fans, showed passion, wanted to win..night and day with what we have now...

Is that not the man that too10k to let his rider miss a home meeting, and got banned? Genuine question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArtemFan said:

I believe the reality is that Brady was happy with the financial situation he left behind. However this was based on larger attendances. Apparently Lynn need approx 900 fans to break even based on their current commitments, so i guess anything less is what's causing Buster to suggest they are over budget.

Brady quitting for personal reasons couldn't be helped but unfortunately one thing he has to take responsibility for is that he built an extremely poor team at the start of the season and now Lynn are paying the price for it.

When they come back to tapes, i expect there will be at least one rider change which will reduce the cost of the team.

Considerably more if we keep the same team. Miles out..

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is that not the man that too10k to let his rider miss a home meeting, and got banned? Genuine question.

You really need to stick to Lynn facts only because your way out with Peterborough facts most of the time 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

You really need to stick to Lynn facts only because your way out with Peterborough facts most of the time 

Ok . Did he not deprive PB fans, and his team mates, not forgetting the fans ?? Did he fook up ??

Edited by Bald Bloke

Buster catching a cold with this deal might be seen as Karma down West Row way.   

Perhaps it’s true what goes around comes around.    

You would think Buster has made enough out of Speedway and indeed Football to offset this blip to limp to the end of the season ?

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Considerably more if we keep the same team. Miles out..

They're not far out, King's Lynn would turn a small profit at 900 if they're all concession price. 

I believe only Artem is on a guarantee & the rest are scoring fa home & away

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

He is way out with his Lynn "facts" most of the time as well.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The Stars will ride in 2024

Hope so but NOT with odious Chapman involved. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Neil...please have a word and get him back at Peterborough...had meetings with the fans, showed passion, wanted to win..night and day with what we have now...

10 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

No, it was £28k he accepted and he got suspended and fined (28k) and then a reduced fine (3k) on appeal... https://reader.exacteditions.com/issues/60712/page/2

£25k profit... kerching... and some people want this guy back, how short peoples memories are.

Did we ever hear the findings of the independent Judicial review and Godfrey's hearing on the 7th of November 2017? It must have been favourable as Godfrey went on to become Chairman of the sport a few short years later, you reap what you sow.

And I wonder who the "parties who would step in to prevent the clubs closure" were?

Edited by iainb

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Sounds like Rathbone should have been the one to negotiate with Poland over using their Extraleague riders. He was smart enough to get paid to release a rider, while years later the league has given up priority on Thursdays for re-arranged fixtures! He deserves a medal for his brilliance lol!

100%

10 hours ago, semion said:

Buster catching a cold with this deal might be seen as Karma down West Row way.   

Perhaps it’s true what goes around comes around.    

You would think Buster has made enough out of Speedway and indeed Football to offset this blip to limp to the end of the season ?

It seems obvious to me that the central issue is the contract that has been signed with Artem Laguta. We all know that it must be a significant cost to the club (hardly a blip) and the party who offered to fund this has gone. And it may not be as simple as dropping the rider involved depending on the terms of the contract. Its hard to understand what is being discussed during this short lull in proceedings. The issues seem to be contractual which the British authorities cannot help with.

So what do KL do? Continue to run at a heavy loss or shut?