British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Good job Buster didn't to that 

Did he not take some pieces of silver as an incentive to move the Stars up a division ?

Edited by scoobydoo

On 7/10/2023 at 4:01 PM, Bald Bloke said:

What kind of comment is that?? Absolute crap, and you know it :nono:. You'll be fine with MT next season, the skys the limit... So lets hope that Lynn run eh.

Why is it crap ? Profit margins on food & drink are huge, especially at the ridiculously high prices charged. Not sure why MT has been mentioned, & I hope all speedway clubs run next season.

On 7/10/2023 at 3:46 PM, truthsayer said:

Define 'fortune'

Very high profit margin for a very poor product. Fortune probably isn't the best word to use to be fair to you.

31 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Why is it crap ? Profit margins on food & drink are huge, especially at the ridiculously high prices charged. Not sure why MT has been mentioned, & I hope all speedway clubs run next season.

£4.50 for a portion of frozen chips approx 24 chips. Is that not extortionate?

Sounds like it's a simple matter of reverting to Kasprzak instead of Laguta. 

Also, this whole saga, including the Peterborough one, has probably demonstrated that 6 teams is the only feasible number for the Premier league

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

"Of course he will keep Kings Lynn going, he makes a fortune out of the sh@t beer & burgers."

"Very high profit margin for a very poor product. Fortune probably isn't the best word to use to be fair to you."

Sh!t beer and fortune. You almost answered it yourself, see above. There might be a high profit margin on food and drink, but with our low crowds, you have to sell them to make a profit. Selling burgers and "sh!t" beer won't pay for much more than 2 points out of 45 or so.  

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 7/11/2023 at 7:12 AM, ArtemFan said:

He is way out with his Lynn "facts" most of the time as well.

Your more than welcome to PM me, and put me right on that one?. I'm very interested !

4 hours ago, proud panther said:

Very high profit margin for a very poor product. Fortune probably isn't the best word to use to be fair to you.

I think you're referring to Peterborough here surely - undoubtedly the most expensive and poor quality food outlet across British Speedway I've come across.  The stuff served up at Lynn is ok by comparison - the best quality/value I've had is at Ipswich - but the speedway club don't get any of those profits/receipts.

• Like 3

Jumping in; friends recently saw Rod Stewart & The Who at Craven Park, Hull, yes last venue of Hull Vikings, and a tray of chips - just chips, mind - was around £9 :o....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Jumping in; friends recently saw Rod Stewart & The Who at Craven Park, Hull, yes last venue of Hull Vikings, and a tray of chips - just chips, mind - was around £9 :o....

see people like living in the past, and eating in the future.:rofl:

• Haha 3

Are there any adults who know how to behave and make their point constructively on this forum? Or have some of you watched too many PMQ's and believe that because our country's leadership are a bunch of toxic bell ends, it is all right for you to follow suit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Another new poster telling us how to behave and in the same sentence calling people toxic bell ends... pot, kettle, black?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Fatfingers said:

Are there any adults who know how to behave and make their point constructively on this forum? 

Definitely, you are not one of them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Sounds like it's a simple matter of reverting to Kasprzak instead of Laguta. 

Also, this whole saga, including the Peterborough one, has probably demonstrated that 6 teams is the only feasible number for the Premier league

KK has a broken leg does he not?

Also if Buster is making a 'fortune' from crap beer and food then that's great business acumen!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 10:49 PM, ArtemFan said:

I believe the reality is that Brady was happy with the financial situation he left behind. However this was based on larger attendances. Apparently Lynn need approx 900 fans to break even based on their current commitments, so i guess anything less is what's causing Buster to suggest they are over budget.

Brady quitting for personal reasons couldn't be helped but unfortunately one thing he has to take responsibility for is that he built an extremely poor team at the start of the season and now Lynn are paying the price for it.

When they come back to tapes, i expect there will be at least one rider change which will reduce the cost of the team.

Is that from a good source, or peoples maths on here ?.

Edited by Bald Bloke