British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTheAce

1 league rule dropping

Poland only have Thursday's as a priority when their is a rain off.

Thursdays is not a race day in Poland. 

ALL polish track must have covers

last season only 2 thursdays were used.

this now free's up several big names that come now ride in the UK or if they choose Sweden or Denmark 

think this is a start to bring big names back,

well done to those involved :D

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

So I wonder where Dudek is going........

Hes a gating tart so probably Leicester bound.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

From what I hear and read that is no longer true of Leicester.

7 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

It was 39 this year wasn’t it??? And that was for 6 riders because the RS didn’t count. Next year it could be 39 for 7 riders. That’s diluting it for me 

Gotcha, I thought you meant 39 plus RS, not 39 total. Yes that would be weaker, but don't see the limit being that low!

17 hours ago, Baldyman said:

39 and trying to fit Doyle in will be fun,,, Basically Doyle 3 second strings and 3 reserves,,, oh hang,, same as this season then 

Swindon had to fit him in on a 13.5 average once. 

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Must be two Patryk Dudeks then. The one I've seen on my visits to Poland over the last 7 or 8 years certainly isn't a 'gating tart'.

• Like 1

Getting better quality riders here all season is a great idea in theory. In practice, where is the extra money coming from ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Getting better quality riders here all season is a great idea in theory. In practice, where is the extra money coming from ?

Easy...

The tens of thousands of lapsed fans who will come flocking back to attend every week...

All of them very happy to pay 25 quid a pop...

Come on.

Keep up at the back...;)

Wonder if it is another five year plan.? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Agree plus I think that they would need to permanently keep equipment here as it is problematical importing kit into the U.K.

Would it be financially worthwhile for many of the riders? Clubs are struggling now from a financial perspective and do you think these professional riders would put up with the farce of programmed meetings here in the u k given that here we are in October and some clubs will have trouble completing their fixtures before the end of October.

Yes it would be good to see some of these top flight riders but in reality it will probably not happen given all the logistics issues and increased travel costs between the u k and Europe.

• Like 1

not a fan of this new allowance by the Poles, i don't want clubs to bankrupt themselves in the pursuit of very little and no extra supporters 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, stevehone said:

not a fan of this new allowance by the Poles, i don't want clubs to bankrupt themselves in the pursuit of very little and no extra supporters 

Exactly.  I question what the motivation is for top riders in the Polish Leagues to ride in the UK?  Unless they already have a base in the uk (eg Holder, Klindt, Woffy, possibly others) then it has to be the money!?

The well-established riders have already learnt their trade so don't need the experience of UK tracks.

And as far as the Prem teams are concerned it won't make for better racing if each team has only one or two 'top' riders - it'll just be more 'follow the leader ' racing!!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Exactly.  I question what the motivation is for top riders in the Polish Leagues to ride in the UK?  Unless they already have a base in the uk (eg Holder, Klindt, Woffy, possibly others) then it has to be the money!?

The well-established riders have already learnt their trade so don't need the experience of UK tracks.

And as far as the Prem teams are concerned it won't make for better racing if each team has only one or two 'top' riders - it'll just be more 'follow the leader ' racing!!  

Massive generisation there. Maybe heats 13 and 15 and the other ones where 1&5 meet might be better with some higher quality riders?

I don't think there is going to be a massive influx of GP riders but we might find half a dozen or so from the Extraliga and some Danes from the 1st division want to do the UK in addition to their other leagues and that can only be good, as long as clubs don't pay over the odds of course. The strength of the two leagues need to be further apart.

According to another thread Sweden have given up on Thursday’s and will race on Tuesday only in the hope that the Poles relax the rules about how many leagues riders can race in. Perhaps the ROW should race from October to March, at least they would have a wider choice of riders.

21 hours ago, wtf said:

:rofl: Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me. Whatever you do, don't let facts spoil your post :rofl:

Firstly welcome, it’s great to have newbies coming into the sport. Before your time, earlier this year this deal was discussed on here. Many had the same opinion as now about losing protected race nights being a bad thing. It all came out when Dan tweeted about being denied his chance by the BSPL. At the time of the tweet we were the only team still to declare. 

• Haha 2