British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swedish league 2024 signings, news Etc

3 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Well, it is easy to be fast when you are using oversized carburettors. Kowalski was caught with two oversized carburettors at scrutineering in Västervik today
for the meeting between Västervik and Indianerna. The carburettors were confiscated. He was allowed to check in two other carburettors and was allowed
to participate in the meeting accordingly to the rules.

https://speedwayfans.se/indianforare-ertappad-med-for-stora-forgasare-i-vastervik/

Any relation to the big time tuner?

20 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Well, it is easy to be fast when you are using oversized carburettors. Kowalski was caught with two oversized carburettors at scrutineering in Västervik today
for the meeting between Västervik and Indianerna. The carburettors were confiscated. He was allowed to check in two other carburettors and was allowed

https://speedwayfans.se/indianforare-ertappad-med-for-stora-forgasare-i-vastervik/

Today Kowalski's carburettors were checked by the manufacturer, and were found to be legal. I wonder how many riders will put apologies on their twitter pages

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

All rather embarrassing for the Swedes. Some unanswered questions nonetheless:

1) Was this the first time this equipment for checking had been used? 

2) Was the machinery of any other riders checked, and if so, why didn't they show up as "non-regulatory"? 

3) Given that it seems to have been a complete hoax, why did the Swedes announce it all publicly without checking things carefully first? 

4) How will Kowalski move forward from this? As has been mentioned already, will other riders and tuners who lambasted him now all apologise, along with the Swedes themselves?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

All rather embarrassing for the Swedes. Some unanswered questions nonetheless:

1) Was this the first time this equipment for checking had been used? 

2) Was the machinery of any other riders checked, and if so, why didn't they show up as "non-regulatory"? 

3) Given that it seems to have been a complete hoax, why did the Swedes announce it all publicly without checking things carefully first? 

4) How will Kowalski move forward from this? As has been mentioned already, will other riders and tuners who lambasted him now all apologise, along with the Swedes themselves?

point 2 is interesting, if the manufacturer has come out to say it wasn’t an error but no others were found to be a concern! One of main supplies of carbs at the top level I believe? Not going to do the proverbial on their own doorstep are they. 

Usually no smoke without fire in these subjects. People have often said certain riders in the Kowalski stable have too much power.
If other riders are speaking out, they know a hell of a lot more than the rest of us, no matter how ‘connected’ people on this forum seem to think they are. 
There were numerous rumours amongst riders about Madsen and Kennet long before they were found out, only takes one slip up at the wrong track to uncover it all.

3 hours ago, MARK246 said:

Today Kowalski's carburettors were checked by the manufacturer, and were found to be legal. I wonder how many riders will put apologies on their twitter pages

Does Kowalski use Blixt as a tuner? From what I understand from Indianernas post the carbs were checked by blixt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Does Kowalski use Blixt as a tuner? From what I understand from Indianernas post the carbs were checked by blixt.

They manufacture the carb. Pretty sure kowalski’s tuner is….kowalski. 
not sure if any relation though 

• Like 1

Västervik statement: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0p5DPeaPvD9MDExcB4bRrSp7wJVY6t83KJSSty3oPAoJh9rrJzrbZbTCP4zeohhnQl&id=100048530876966

Basically they use a fixed size håltolk ( plug gauge?). According to Västervik it was noticed that the gauge fit into the carburettors
(=they were believed to be too big)which never happened before.At that point the race management was brought in and the faulty carburettors
was locked in for further investigation. The carburettors was brought to manufacturer Mikael Blixt measured them and according to him the carburettors were not oversized
According to Blixt and Indianerna carburettor sizes were (in millimetres and I assume limit is 34 mm):

Also to answer your question #2 @stewmac I don't know but I don't think every bike/engine is checked, but rather random check.
[speculation] It could be that someone was suspicious of Kowalski's engines and wanted them checked, isn't be the first time
someone wants an opponent bike checked.

• Like 1

Quite the coincidence that the two on the bikes were above the size limit, but below the legal tolerance level while the two spares were within the size limit.

Doesn't look good for the testers, though.

You are allowed a measurement error of 0,1mm so you are actually allowed ta have a 34,1 carbureator. The measurement instrument however was wrongly set so it turns out Kowalski was wrongly accused which Indianerna said in statement today.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lorenzo558 said:

You are allowed a measurement error of 0,1mm so you are actually allowed ta have a 34,1 carbureator. The measurement instrument however was wrongly set so it turns out Kowalski was wrongly accused which Indianerna said in statement today.

No, not wrongly set since the measurement tool is just a piece of soliid metal with a fixed size. So most likely it has always been too small or it hss changed size recently.

-------

The postponed meeting between Piraterna and Rospiggarna will be held on Tuesday 18 July.

On 4/11/2023 at 3:43 PM, oleoleole said:

Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!

Spent ages planning a Swedish speedway trip to tick off another two tracks.

Piraterna v Smederna on July 18th and Vargarna v Valsarna on July 20th.

Everything booked for a ‘speedway week’ and a holiday week further north.

While checking who is riding for who this year I see that the Piraterna meeting has been changed to Wednesday 21st June!!!!!

Bugger again!

You have had a result if you are still going as Piraterna v Rospiggarna is now on 18th July !!

• Like 1

Tuesday`s match line-ups

Lejonen

1 Hampel

2 Cierniak

3 Kubera- If R/R ? - all can take a ride

4 Chmiel

5 Berntzon

6 Kvech

7 Henriksson

Dackarna

1 Kurtz