British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

People still watch telly???

I think the last time i watched anything was last years Superbowl. TV shows are absolute garbage these days. 

I agree, the wife watches American Christmas films!! I usually watch sport on telly and the odd quiz show, sometimes watch a film. 

• Like 1

I think Zach Cook must have sprouted wings mid meeting in the last round of the Aussie Champ.

Two thirds in his first 2 rides and then won 2 heats on the bounce. In the first he beat Jack Holder & Pickering, in the second he beat Brady Kurtz.

Total 8 points and won a place in the semi final. Finished last in that behind Chris Holder/Fricke & Kennedy.

Not bad for a 23 year old lad who is about to start only his 3rd season in British Speedway, and  who would have been starting in our Champ team at reserve had the team points limit not been reduced.

Also congratulations to Poole asset Jack Holder who won the overall Aussie Champ late in the meeting after Doyle dropped points unexpectedly plus Jack also won the all important final as Doyle failed to qualify. Amazing that you can win the first three rounds yet still lose out on the Champ in the final meeting. Good on Jack for staying close to him through all 4 rounds to pounce when it mattered most. I bet Doyle must be gutted.

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Zach Cook must have sprouted wings mid meeting in the last round of the Aussie Champ.

Two thirds in his first 2 rides and then won 2 heats on the bounce. In the first he beat Jack Holder & Pickering, in the second he beat Brady Kurtz.

Total 8 points and won a place in the semi final. Finished last in that behind Chris Holder/Fricke & Kennedy.

Not bad for a 23 year old lad who is about to start only his 3rd season in British Speedway, and  who would have been starting in our Champ team at reserve had the team points limit not been reduced.

Also congratulations to Poole asset Jack Holder who won the overall Aussie Champ late in the meeting after Doyle dropped points unexpectedly plus Jack also won the all important final as Doyle failed to qualify. Amazing that you can win the first three rounds yet still lose out on the Champ in the final meeting. Good on Jack for staying close to him through all 4 rounds to pounce when it mattered most. I bet Doyle must be gutted.

Keleher did alright aswell :cheers:

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

Keleher did alright aswell :cheers:

Certainly did. He made the top 10 of riders who competed in all 4 rounds. In 10th place. Mind you, there were only 12 (including Michael West who I’ve not heard of) who did that. I can’t imagine why no one’s signed the near 30 year old Keleher

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Certainly did. He made the top 10 of riders who competed in all 4 rounds. In 10th place. Mind you, there were only 12 (including Michael West who I’ve not heard of) who did that. I can’t imagine why no one’s signed the near 30 year old Keleher

He's had his chance over here imo. Only Plymouth might disagree I suppose.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

He's had his chance over here imo. Only Plymouth might disagree I suppose.

Perhaps something happened there as well, they haven't touched him either 

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I think Keleher himself may be the problem.

He has one of the best PR sites on social media. Many a top rider let alone one of his ability would love how professionally he is portrayed in that respect.

Get the impression (and I may be wrong) that he may be highly opinionated as to his own ability. So much so that even just before he came to UK with Poole, that his PR machine was touting him around as a good signing  for  any team in POL willing to sign him. he made headlines on Speedway News POL at the time.

Nothing  wrong with building yourself up but its important you show/have the ability to match the excellent PR machine he has. Also seems to have decent sponsors in Aussie with his personalised Z22 product.

Certainly bombed in his short time at Poole and did himself no favours when falling out with the Ford's who I think partly dropped due to his attitude and affect on the rest of the team. (Something commented on by a good few on the forum alone let alone who knew outside of it).

I do question what his actual ability is and importantly at that age if much or in fact if he has the ability to improve.

If his ability really matched the PR machine he would  walk into most teams.

Just my opinion. I'm not against the guy as was all for him during the close season before he came over and even FB him and got a reply. However his scores over in Aussie were not as I had hoped in that 21 season and he was also getting injured on top.

Maybe at Plym where he did have some decent scores but also plenty of poor one's, he may be able to prove the doubters wrong, but like everything it would be a gamble. But against a lot of weak reserves he could shine and get a decent GSA ??

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not bad for a 23 year old lad who is about to start only his 3rd season in British Speedway, and  who would have been starting in our Champ team at reserve had the team points limit not been reduced

Don’t worry he may be back there early August :D

Edited by Cast1rn

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

At least mc131 spotted where my tongue was……

Edited by Wee Eck

19 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Still time for them to sign him.

11 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Hmm, what happened to May? ;)

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

At least mc131 spotted where my tongue was……

TMI!! ;)

17 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

If he rides like he did in those 2 wins today he could be starting as a H/L by then ;).

But let's not get ahead of ourselves ;). The lad has enough on his plate riding Prem/Champ plus the Tuesday meetings in the POL U24 league.

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Maybe Gary May had similar experiences with Keleher as Matt Ford did?!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Gary May had similar experiences with Keleher as Matt Ford did?!

No Gary is not like that.