British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, HGould said:

The whole article is CRYSTAL CLEAR!

"No certainty" beyond end of 2024. 

2023 and 2024 he asks fans to "enjoy" as there is no certainty beyond that.

It may well be a window could open for 2025 but give people credit for having read the whole article about which Matt Ford HAS BEEN incredibly frank!

Having worked for BCP Council (which is now under a new administration) for over 16 years, I have some understanding of how the forward-planning for major schemes works.
 BCP have inherited from the previous administration a 'Local Plan' for the 'regeneration of Poole Town Centre', which currently does NOT mention Poole Stadium at all - except for an earlier suggestion about building on the part of Wimborne Road which backs onto the Stadium Lorry Park.

Also there is no developer proposal lodged with the Council's Planning department, quite apart from no agreed sale of the whole Stadium site!!  Such an agreement and proposal would be subject to a huge public consultation for which there would be considerable objections

IMO even if all those objections were to be overcome and any stadium development for housing were to proceed, it would take a minimum of several years to reach fruition.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Having worked for BCP Council (which is now under a new administration) for over 16 years, I have some understanding of how the forward-planning for major schemes works.
 BCP have inherited from the previous administration a 'Local Plan' for the 'regeneration of Poole Town Centre', which currently does NOT mention Poole Stadium at all - except for an earlier suggestion about building on the part of Wimborne Road which backs onto the Stadium Lorry Park.

Also there is no developer proposal lodged with the Council's Planning department, quite apart from no agreed sale of the whole Stadium site!!  Such an agreement and proposal would be subject to a huge public consultation for which there would be considerable objections

IMO even if all those objections were to be overcome and any stadium development for housing were to proceed, it would take a minimum of several years to reach fruition.  

I work for a local council and have dealings with the Planning team and I concur with the above :t:  If anything, I'd say 'several years' is possibly a little optimistic.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

I work for a local council and have dealings with the Planning team and I concur with the above :t:  If anything, I'd say 'several years' is possibly a little optimistic.

This is very true see Arena Essex. As with Arena though there is absolutely no certainty that speedway could/will continue whilst it all plays out. Fingers crossed for the Pirates 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So looking to the future, who is getting the signature of Ashton Boughen for next season? 

Oxford? Where is he based? 

20 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So looking to the future, who is getting the signature of Ashton Boughen for next season? 

Him and Tate Zischke and only 6 points between the 2 so lots for the top 5 ;).

Young Tate only 2 weeks into returning to racing following his 6 plus months out on medical grounds in Aussie scored 8 plus 2 bp from 5 rides for Leszno 2 weeks ago. 

8 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Young Tate only 2 weeks into returning to racing following his 6 plus months out on medical grounds in Aussie scored 8 plus 2 bp from 5 rides for Leszno 2 weeks ago. 

I think we all need to know what the League(s) format is/are and the team building points limit before anyone starts talking rider options!!

38 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

One of the Workington obsessives told us he'd signed for Glasgow a few weeks ago. Via a rumour heard at Edinburgh. But take that with huge pinch of salt 

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

One of the Workington obsessives told us he'd signed for Glasgow a few weeks ago. Via a rumour heard at Edinburgh. But take that with huge pinch of salt 

and sauce ........... I'll get my coat :cheers:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Tate will come in on a 5 ave now as  he has ridden in under 24 league Ashton will be a 2 so that’s 7 

See Joe T came back last night with a max I NDL at Berwick. Might be short term option for Poole?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

See Joe T came back last night with a max I NDL at Berwick. Might be short term option for Poole?

He's the only non-2pointer that fits average-wise. Although I reckon Stewart Dickson will have a major say in both Thompsons and Boughens immediate speedway futures!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Depends if he is up for it. If Adam not gonna be fit for playoffs then need a replacement imo as it will be a guest from Berwick, Plymouth and Brum/Edinburgh. 

We could do with Brum not making it so we can use Hagon. :D