British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think that by end of July your Tate will be a Pirate squeezed in at the time Roynon is ditched. 

Would even be happy to get him in 2024 when will still only be 18. Just as long as we get him.

If Darcy Ward reported way back in the Summer that Tate as a 16 or just turned 17 year old reminded him of a young Darcy at the same age, you have to kind of sit up and take notice.

I have watched speedway now for 51 years and every now and then you see a young rider with an exciting style who can also get out of the gate which is half the battle.

Yes some of his style does remind me of a young Darcy. He is totally different to a much taller Pearson who some think has a LOT of potential, but when you see Tate in races against the likes of both Pearson and Hook you start to realise  that just maybe we are looking at the early stages of someone special.

Just my opinion of course but with 51 years of watching Speedway from my very early meetings at Hackney as a 16/17 year old you get a good idea who has maybe that special talent.

I'm there to be shot at of course but seeing him in those 4 meetings (Most of his rides) plus a race in DK at start of his short hop int0 that DK mainly juniors league, that something was/is there. I also wonder how good he may turn out on POL tuned equip in that U24 POL EXL next season. I would go as far as to say he could well be better than Rew who is nearly 2 years older and has the benefit of more professionally tuned equipment from his 2/3 seasons being based in POL.

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Would even be happy to get him in 2024 when will still only be 18. Just as long as we get him.

If Darcy Ward reported way back in the Summer that Tate as a 16 or just turned 17 year old reminded him of a young Darcy at the same age, you have to kind of sit up and take notice.

I have watched speedway now for 51 years and every now and then you see a young rider with an exciting style who can also get out of the gate which is half the battle.

Yes some of his style does remind me of a young Darcy. He is totally different to a much taller Pearson who some think has a LOT of potential, but when you see Tate in races against the likes of both Pearson and Hook you start to realise  that just maybe we are looking at the early stages of someone special.

Just my opinion of course but with 51 years of watching Speedway from my very early meetings at Hackney as a 16/17 year old you get a good idea who has maybe that special talent.

I'm there to be shot at of course but seeing him in those 4 meetings (Most of his rides) plus a race in DK at start of his short hop int0 that DK mainly juniors league, that something was/is there. I also wonder how good he may turn out on POL tuned equip in that U24 POL EXL next season. I would go as far as to say he could well be better than Rew who is nearly 2 years older and has the benefit of more professionally tuned equipment from his 2/3 seasons being based in POL.

FYI I remember seeing a young Mark Loram & Joe Screeen at Hackney in second half races where they would race and beat experienced riders and you could see they had something special.  To also be driven all that way just for a couple of rides in a second half also showed their dedication.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

You have been going on and on about this Aussie. But he has never been part of Poole’s team in 23 and you have been told in numerous ocassions. You know the team. That’s it. It’s good enough to win this league again and it’s a lot cheaper than importing a rider from the other side of the planet.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You have been going on and on about this Aussie. But he has never been part of Poole’s team in 23 and you have been told in numerous ocassions. You know the team. That’s it. It’s good enough to win this league again and it’s a lot cheaper than importing a rider from the other side of the planet.

Steve

Yes i know the team if it is as rumoured. I also have no issue with it as I think our reserves if as mentioned should score plenty to compensate the loss of an established 3rd H/L although we all hope Ben Cook will progress further.

I left the Tate discussion alone as I fully accepted he would not be coming. It was only really a number of people commenting again on here and on the Plym Forum pages about him maybe coming to Poole that made me comment further in the last couple of days.

Steve - This is a forum on the subject of Poole 2023. There is enough crap posted by certain individuals nothing to do with the Forum subject. Don't shoot someone who tries to engage in sensible discussion on a talent that most of us would like to see at Poole (especially after the DW endorsement).

As said more than happy with the team but that should not stop us still discussing the top Aussie talent that many of us would like to see associated with Poole knowing the teams history and association with good young Aussies over the years.

I also agree a lot cheaper but that didn't stop the Ford's bring over both Cook's in the Champ. Anyway thanks for your negative input.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Steve

Yes i know the team if it is as rumoured. I also have no issue with it as I think our reserves if as mentioned should score plenty to compensate the loss of an established 3rd H/L although we all hope Ben Cook will progress further.

I left the Tate discussion alone as I fully accepted he would not be coming. It was only really a number of people commenting again on here and on the Plym Forum pages about him maybe coming to Poole that made me comment further in the last couple of days.

Steve - This is a forum on the subject of Poole 2023. There is enough crap posted by certain individuals nothing to do with the Forum subject. Don't shoot someone who tries to engage in sensible discussion on a talent that most of us would like to see at Poole (especially after the DW endorsement).

As said more than happy with the team but that should not stop us still discussing the top Aussie talent that many of us would like to see associated with Poole knowing the teams history and association with good young Aussies over the years.

I also agree a lot cheaper but that didn't stop the Ford's bring over both Cook's in the Champ. Anyway thanks for your negative input.

Wasn’t meant as negative Steve. Just pointless talking about riders who are not coming to Poole next season. May as we’ll be talking about Zmarzlik  being our new number one. Neither are going to be riding for us.

Lets be realistic and talk about our touted 1-7 and how we compare to other Championship sides, instead of fantasy riders who are not coming into the Poole team. 

Happy New Year to you and other Poole fans. Let’s hope 2023 is as successful as last season was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

FYI I remember seeing a young Mark Loram & Joe Screeen at Hackney in second half races where they would race and beat experienced riders and you could see they had something special.  To also be driven all that way just for a couple of rides in a second half also showed their dedication.

Loved trips to Hackney. 

A proper race track

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wasn’t meant as negative Steve. Just pointless talking about riders who are not coming to Poole next season. May as we’ll be talking about Zmarzlik  being our new number one. Neither are going to be riding for us.

Lets be realistic and talk about our touted 1-7 and how we compare to other Championship sides, instead of fantasy riders who are not coming into the Poole team. 

Happy New Year to you and other Poole fans. Let’s hope 2023 is as successful as last season was.

Thanks for that Steve and Happy New year to you and all Poole fans plus other contributors to the Poole Forum for 2023.

Maybe would have helped if Danny had done it the other way around and gone from 7 down to 1 as then the Tate discussion would have been killed off very early.

But I suppose if nothing else the still unnamed 6 & 7 leaves a little chink of light into what may have been ;).

Having said that have seen nothing posted on the Forum as to whether Kyle is racing in 2023. The only real comments I have seen are where he allegedly turned down Redcar for 2023 as he was not going to be fit for the start of the season. Whether that was just rumour or true I have no idea. But I've seen no comments fro anyone to say he had advised or commented that he was planning to start next season besides the Redcar comment. Let's hope he does as he is one guy who should excel looking at most of the reserves announced. Especially at Poole where his track knowledge and speed will hopefully also help him team ride Roynon when needed.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What a disrespectful piece of work you are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, HGould said:

Loved trips to Hackney. 

A proper race track

Nice to see a good few of us still alive who can share the memory.

Even remember a very young Middlo riding there back in the day. Oh happy days back there in the early - mid and late seventies. Even though we struggled a plenty due to good old Len Silver not wanting to spend on the bigger stars :rolleyes:

Notice i mentioned Middlo's name to keep us kind of on the Poole subject ;)

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

What a disrespectful piece of work you are. 

Thanks for the defence HG, but I think Steve and me have kept it amicable after his other reply and my subsequent response.

Yes I do tend to go on about Tate to the point of obsession and time will tell if my view on him proves correct.

Hopefully if Poole finances allow some time in the future we may see him at Poole and at 17 (18 on 30th July), plenty of time for that and who knows by then we may even be back in Prem Lge, but that discussion is for another day. I will let others comment on that in the future if and when the rumours are strong enough going forward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Nice to see a good few of us still alive who can share the memory.

Even remember a very young Middlo riding there back in the day. Oh happy days back there in the early - mid and late seventies. Even though we struggled a plenty due to good old Len Silver not wanting to spend on the bigger stars :rolleyes:

Notice i mentioned Middlo's name to keep us kind of on the Poole subject ;)

Went to Hackney every time Poole were the visitors as it's only up the road and when Super Simmo used to guest for Hackney which he did more than once,excellent track but car park was difficult as unless you got there early you all parked in rows and could not move till all in front moved but good times and they had some entertaining rider Zenon Plech and Bo Petersen to name but a few.

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thanks for the defence HG, but I think Steve and me have kept it amicable after his other reply and my subsequent response.

Yes I do tend to go on about Tate to the point of obsession and time will tell if my view on him proves correct.

Hopefully if Poole finances allow some time in the future we may see him at Poole and at 17 (18 on 30th July), plenty of time for that and who knows by then we may even be back in Prem Lge, but that discussion is for another day. I will let others comment on that in the future if and when the rumours are strong enough going forward.

How dare you express your opinion on a forum about speedway with regards to speedway riders, you’ve been told who the team is and your not allowed to speak again until Steve says so!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Essex said:

Went to Hackney every time Poole were the visitors as it's only up the road and when Super Simmo used to guest for Hackney which he did more than once,excellent track but car park was difficult as unless you got there early you all parked in rows and could not move till all in front moved but good times and they had some entertaining rider Zenon Plech and Bo Petersen to name but a few.

Remember it well as was born and brought up in Hackney.

Remember Simmo well as he visited Hackney as a rider for Poole/K.Lynn/Wimbledon/Swindon  and even for Hackney Kestrels during the period 1971 when I first went and 1987. Plech was a real crowd pleaser.

Got to see Bo Petersen first Hackney meeting at White City and also in the return leg at Hackney in the evening.

Yes very happy days when I got to see all the local London tracks as well as those within an easy commute. Have a couple of boxes in the loft of programs from the 70/80/90's as well as Speedway Stars from the period plus a couple of program Boards.

Fair to say i was well and truly hooked even when I got married in 1975.

Anyway apologies for the memories and back over to the Poole 2023 forum ;)

10 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

How dare you express your opinion on a forum about speedway with regards to speedway riders, you’ve been told who the team is and your not allowed to speak again until Steve says so!!!!

Behave cast1m :D

We are all good which is the important thing.

Maybe I have been a bit heavy on comments regarding Tate but time will tell ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

He basically disrespected you twice and you ended up saying “thanks” to him! You write what you want to write about, it’s not his own personal forum or thread. 

• Like 5