British Speedway Forum

This maybe controversial but think in this league and apart from a question mark against Rowe and the nightmare of injuries, think Poole will probably go through the the season with the starting 7.

1 minute ago, gazzac said:

This maybe controversial but think in this league and apart from a question mark against Rowe and the nightmare of injuries, think Poole will probably go through the the season with the starting 7.

I love that keeping the same line up is considered controversial :D:o

• Like 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

I love that keeping the same line up is considered controversial :D:o

True but I'm an Eastie fan ( still hopeful) not a Poole one, so maybe that's the controversial bit, most thinking that Poole are likely to keep the same line up are Poole fans I imagine :).

Newman will move up in to the team and Rowe will drop to reserve at some point.

Rowe at reserve will excel....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

True but I'm an Eastie fan ( still hopeful) not a Poole one, so maybe that's the controversial bit, most thinking that Poole are likely to keep the same line up are Poole fans I imagine :).

Also I don't think the Poole management are as ruthless with changes as they were 15-20 years ago. 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Newman will move up in to the team and Rowe will drop to reserve at some point.

Rowe at reserve will excel....

Also Kyle was in 1-5 for Oxford (possibly Redcar as well - although Edwards might have got into top5 ahead of him?), so think he'll be okay if he does swap with Rowe.

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Also I don't think the Poole management are as ruthless with changes as they were 15-20 years ago. 

Don't think they can be in this league with the amount of riders available. Back in the day in the Elite everyone still wanted to ride here so there was a string of riders to come in for under performers/team changes from home and abroad, but Poole definitely were one of the most ruthless then.

Edited by gazzac

Poole are going to be giving a donation to Jack Thomas and also doing a collection at a home meeting :t:

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 1:35 PM, lisa-colette said:

Also Kyle was in 1-5 for Oxford (possibly Redcar as well - although Edwards might have got into top5 ahead of him?), so think he'll be okay if he does swap with Rowe.

I think Kyle is one of those riders who does better when he has a packed diary, so riding one league only doesn't give him enough meetings to get going properly.

Kyle is a young family man and recovering from his shoulder injury (hopefully) so maybe one league with limited travelling to home meetings  is enough?!

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Kyle is a young family man and recovering from his shoulder injury (hopefully) so maybe one league with limited travelling to home meetings  is enough?!

As long as he can earn enough I suppose?

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

And a full time job

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

Any seniors discount at oxford?

Nope. Oxford charge  £20 online in advance for all adults 16+

Or £22 online on the day!!

At Wimborne Road its £19 Adults and £16 Concessions

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1