British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Sheffield 17/10/22. League cup final 1st leg

After their disappointment in the play off final. Sheffield are going to be well up for this one. Lets hope the Stars all click come Monday evening.

I don't expect them to win over 2 legs, but it would be nice to get the home win in what could be the last home meeting of the season.

Thoughts...

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

After their disappointment in the play off final. Sheffield are going to be well up for this one. Lets hope the Stars all click come Monday evening.

I don't expect them to win over 2 legs, but it would be nice to get the home win in what could be the last home meeting of the season.

Thoughts...

Get Robert Lambert in...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Get Robert Lambert in...

Wouldn't dream of it...

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Thoughts...

Hopefully they will fit in the last meeting against Bellle Vue as I am going to miss this meeting.Hope we have a rain off so I can make the restating as long as its after the 20th.Buster can sort that can't he:rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Hopefully they will fit in the last meeting against Bellle Vue as I am going to miss this meeting.Hope we have a rain off so I can make the restating as long as its after the 20th.Buster can sort that can't he:rolleyes:

I'd rather the 2nd leg to be at home if i'm honest incase we can pull it off  over the 2 legs .We could do a rain dance i guess :P

I'm doing a rain dance already:D,although not for where I am at the moment.A bit peed that the final is this week but once i knew we couldnt make the play offs about 3 months ago i decided to book a holiday.I cant.believe it took the two clubs about 5 months to arrange this fixture.

17 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I'm doing a rain dance already:D,although not for where I am at the moment.A bit peed that the final is this week but once i knew we couldnt make the play offs about 3 months ago i decided to book a holiday.I cant.believe it took the two clubs about 5 months to arrange this fixture.

Me to ......gutted !

I think we've got a half decent chance, what might catch us out is most of the Stars won't have had any/much competitive action over last couple of weeks so may be a little less sharper, particularly out of the start. Hope I'm wrong and Sheffield have another disappointing week 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kelvinht said:

I think we've got a half decent chance, what might catch us out is most of the Stars won't have had any/much competitive action over last couple of weeks so may be a little less sharper, particularly out of the start. Hope I'm wrong and Sheffield have another disappointing week 

Lets hope so. Us fans deserve some silverware. It might not mean a lot to some, but it's a biggie for the Stars:t:

• Like 2

Looks  like queues to get in as tickets don't seem to be available online?

2 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Looks  like queues to get in as tickets don't seem to be available online?

Online ticket sales are great until someone realises there's a record of them.  Cash is King :rofl:

• Haha 2

Come on Stars! Can't have those dirty cheating Tigers winning anything, watch those rolling starts referee!!

If Lynn have any sense they'll be practicing today and getting dialled in to the track prep, gonna need 50+ this evening to have a chance on Thursday. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

If Lynn have any sense they'll be practicing today and getting dialled in to the track prep, gonna need 50+ this evening to have a chance on Thursday. 

Yup. They need 10 plus. The tigers will be smarting from the play off and are race sharp. If we ain't out of the starts tonight like a rat up a drain pipe we're in trouble. This is one meeting where i don't want to see Lewis scoring many, but fair play to him he has upped his game since leaving, and i can see him scoring around 8 tonight. 

Don't want to seem glass half empty, but i can see the Tigers being to sharp tonight, and we will do well to win the meeting.

• Like 1

Should be an interesting meeting, I would  agree that the Stars need a 10 plus lead back to Sheffield.

But since returning back to the top league we have good record at Kings Lynn.

Won 3, Drawn 1 Lost 0

We also have a couple of Ex Stars riders who want to put one over the Stars.

For me this is our best chance this season to get some silverware, and to be honest if we fail this time I will be very disappointed.