British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Sheffield 17/10/22. League cup final 1st leg

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

With Buster's use of the clay based shale at Kings Lynn and Peterborough you really would of thought it would provide an advantage to those riders of the 2 clubs that ride it regularly but it doesnt seem to be the case even in some cases it works in the reverse .

Richie Worrall said the track has only been grippy twice this season, one of them was the recent big home win over Wolves.

Edited by Bald Bloke

14 hours ago, kelvinht said:

What a pile of pooh 

We are 2 heat leaders short of a decent side.

Not sure what was up with Klindt tonight, never looked like scoring.

Picko is ok when he is on it, but other than early season he has just been chasing shadows. He can be exciting, but needs to gate once in a while.

Lawson scored as expected from no 1 position, cos he isn't close to being a no. 1

Worrall just about held his own, but his recent good form seemed to have deserted him. 

Even Freddie was a bit disappointing after a decent start to meeting.

Jorgensen at least showed some fight.

Jason Edwards never looked like scoring, seems to be struggling with confidence since returning from injury. We've struggled at no. 7 since Jack was injured.

And the track was pretty pants as well.

2023 needs some serious work....

Congratulations to Sheffield, can't see us turning this round with out some sort of divine intervention!

While i agree Lawson isn't a number 1,  he has averaged 7.91 over his last 10 meetings. 4th  highest in the league. I expected a bit more from him tonight.

Picko has tailed off from the start of the season. Maybe he is a 6 point rider, that had a good start to the season and just tailed off.

Klindt likes the grip and is a trapper. We didnt see either in this meeting. Very disappointing.

Richie said he hoped for a grippy track and didn't get one. He said it has only been grippy twice this season.

TJ tried hard and showed some fight 11from his 5 rides was good.

Freddie, top scorer with 12. If he rides over here next year, every team will be after him imho (if he misses the BV meeting will be on a bargain 5.05 next season i'm told) .

We will probably bring one new rider in and swap a few with the Panthers for next year. I hope i'm wrong.

Edited by Bald Bloke

21 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

HT 1 59.19. HT 2 59.06. HT 3 59.04. HT 4 59.37. HT 5 58.96. HT 6 59.06. HT 7 59.02. HT 8 59.71. HT 9 59.38. HT 10 59.87. HT 11 59.69. HT 12 59.84. HT 13 59.53. HT 14 60.02. HT 15 59.97.

55 minutes ago, TINYS said:

HT 1 59.19. HT 2 59.06. HT 3 59.04. HT 4 59.37. HT 5 58.96. HT 6 59.06. HT 7 59.02. HT 8 59.71. HT 9 59.38. HT 10 59.87. HT 11 59.69. HT 12 59.84. HT 13 59.53. HT 14 60.02. HT 15 59.97.

That’s brilliant. Thank you very much.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

While i agree Lawson isn't a number 1,  he has averaged 7.91 over his last 10 meetings. 4th  highest in the league. I expected a bit more from him tonight.

Picko has tailed off from the start of the season. Maybe he is a 6 point rider, that had a good start to the season and just tailed off.

Klindt likes the grip and is a trapper. We didnt see either in this meeting. Very disappointing.

Richie said he hoped for a grippy track and didn't get one. He said it has only been grippy twice this season.

TJ tried hard and showed some fight 11from his 5 rides was good.

Freddie, top scorer with 12. If he rides over here next year, every team will be after him imho (if he misses the BV meeting will be on a bargain 5.05 next season i'm told) .

We will probably bring one new rider in and swap a few with the Panthers for next year. I hope i'm wrong.

I think I read that the remaining matches are not being included in the averages...

Due to the obvious potential for some "surprising results"....:rolleyes::D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think I read that the remaining matches are not being included in the averages...

Due to the obvious potential for some "surprising results"....:rolleyes::D

Can't see how they cannot be counted - it's quite clear in the regulations they should.....

Second leg at Leicester?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is getting silly now... And coming off gate 1 in red will be .....

image.jpeg.ab99ec413b3cb4b18da85e10d45bbd8b.jpeg

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Second leg at Leicester?

That’s what I was thinking   Foresake home advantage  but get meeting done. Or get a special permit to run in November   Bouncing down in Sheffield today so no chance it could have been on 

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Second leg at Leicester?

3 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

That’s what I was thinking   Foresake home advantage  but get meeting done. Or get a special permit to run in November   Bouncing down in Sheffield today so no chance it could have been on 

Or throw Sheffield out and award the cup to Lynn......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Stupid comment. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

This is getting silly now... And coming off gate 1 in red will be .....

image.jpeg.ab99ec413b3cb4b18da85e10d45bbd8b.jpeg

Bring back the green helmet for the elves.:D

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Knowing the bspa they will probably award it to a team that weren’t good enough to get to the final !!!

• Haha 1