British Speedway Forum

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Never been to Redcar but surely he isn't as bad as the Wolves one, Porky is it? (Unless he has been replaced now?!)

Don't be taken in by the haters, Roy is a master of his art and  I would imagine he is the first person recruited every year.  There have been meetings when he's been absent and the atmosphere was subdued.  Honestly some people have no sense of fun.  If you are following this thread Roy  keep up the good work, it's such a shame that some people lead such miserable lives that they feel impelled to have a dig at someone who lives life to the full, you are part of the show and the attendances at Redcar speak volumes

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Berry9 said:

Don't be taken in by the haters, Roy is a master of his art and  I would imagine he is the first person recruited every year.  There have been meetings when he's been absent and the atmosphere was subdued.  Honestly some people have no sense of fun.  If you are following this thread Roy  keep up the good work, it's such a shame that some people lead such miserable lives that they feel impelled to have a dig at someone who lives life to the full, you are part of the show and the attendances at Redcar speak volumes

No offence (I know Roy and he knows me), but, I don't think people are going to Redcar to listen to Roy Clarke.  Whether he's there are not, people will attend if the track action is continually good.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 9:32 PM, szkocjasid said:

I doubt they'd make a double change but if they did, the only one I could see them making would be dropping Kennedy & Joe T for Dan T / Ruml / Kemp & Kinsley?

Kemp & Kinsley would probably strengthen us, it would be very harsh on Joe but he never seems to thrive at the EWR.

49 minutes ago, eric i said:

Kemp & Kinsley would probably strengthen us, it would be very harsh on Joe but he never seems to thrive at the EWR.

Donr rate Kemp and Kinsley isnt any better than Thompson!! I think Harrison from Workington will be in high demand soon but might be to much to early for him 

9 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Donr rate Kemp and Kinsley isnt any better than Thompson!! I think Harrison from Workington will be in high demand soon but might be to much to early for him 

He’s only 15

10 hours ago, phillipsr said:

18 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

He’s only 15

He's only 15 turns 16 in June and championship is not on the agenda at this moment. To much to soon could be the ruination of him remember he's British and would be slagged from pillar to post if he don't score well ,won't get the slack Aussie youngsters get who struggle at that level

• Like 8

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

He's only 15 turns 16 in June and championship is not on the agenda at this moment. To much to soon could be the ruination of him remember he's British and would be slagged from pillar to post if he don't score well ,won't get the slack Aussie youngsters get who struggle at that level

Good management is important and you seem to have it under control regarding Luke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Yeah i agree completely but the lad has some serious talent and will be in demand 

8 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

The only good thing about stepping up too early, would be getting a low average over 20 matches. Then the following season when he's a 4.00 rider, he stays at reserve longer as he's carrying his low scores from the previous year!

8 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Good management is important and you seem to have it under control regarding Luke.

You only have to look at the scores of Harry McGurk & Luke Killeen in the Championship compared to the NL. It's one heck of a step up!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

The only good thing about stepping up too early, would be getting a low average over 20 matches. Then the following season when he's a 4.00 rider, he stays at reserve longer as he's carrying his low scores from the previous year!

Thats no good at all getting smashed every week helps nobody the rider the team or the supporters all become disappointed. Sport is littered with decent young kids who have smoke blown up there arses and told there better than they are only for them to grasp the harsh realities of it and get chucked on the scrap heap for the next wonder kid. We have a long term plan and will stick to it this year like last opportunity will come and some we will take and others we won't .

• Like 3

A speedway rider from Scunthorpe

thought he could never be taught

he tried to be bold

but could never be told

and now he acts like a twerp

just a thought, Zaine's brother Declan usually goes well in Aus, i'd say of a similar ability to Zaine as a possible replacement?

12 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

just a thought, Zaine's brother Declan usually goes well in Aus, i'd say of a similar ability to Zaine as a possible replacement?

Yeah I did think that but not really sure of his situation in Aus for example might have a decent job he doesn’t wanna quit I don’t know I’m just guessing and putting it out there