British Speedway Forum

47 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Would point out that Schlein had higher average (not GSA)in 2021 than Harris.We signed Harris as an out and out No1.Just Saying!

I'm not a Berwick fan but the difference between Bomber and Rooboy is pretty simple and it's not averages (of the oh so many the sport gives us)

Rooboy has had a season out so will probably take time to get into the swing of things. Having read on this thread that he's not got a great record at Berwick. Known to whinge if it's too wet or grippy and it hardly ever rains in Berwick.

Whereas Bomber would race on a ploughed field in a monsoon and still come into the pits with a big grin 

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

I'm not a Berwick fan but the difference between Bomber and Rooboy is pretty simple and it's not averages (of the oh so many the sport gives us)

Rooboy has had a season out so will probably take time to get into the swing of things. Having read on this thread that he's not got a great record at Berwick. Known to whinge if it's too wet or grippy and it hardly ever rains in Berwick.

Wheras Bomber would race on a ploughed field in a monsoon and still come into the pits with a big grin 

At the end of the day I`d have Harris over Schlein every day of the week.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, screm said:

At the end of the day I`d have Harris over Schlein every day of the week.

I wouldn’t disagree win that

• Like 2

Now another team has been completed, it's easier to judge Berwick's 1-7.

Oxford have clearly got a much stronger heat leader trio (will probably be the best in the league).

However I'd say Berwick have a much stronger second string pairing & a slightly stronger reserves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Won't be getting a season pass for next season as will only be attending Bandits meetings 

I`ve had a season pass for the last five season, including the one cancelled by Covid, its very very unlikely I will be getting one for next season. I will attend the first meeting or two then see how things are going.

£20 to watch Championship speedway is way way over the top IMO.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, emilali said:

Genuinely interested to see how many people are willing/able to pay £18/20 each week to watch the 1-7 assembled. Could be a few problems if this team performs as the vast majority of Berwick teams do. 

Very true more money for a diluted product don't do NJL meetings as have over 120 miles round trip 

Edited by Bandit59
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, screm said:

I`ve had a season pass for the last five season, including the one cancelled by Covid, its very very unlikely I will be getting one for next season. I will attend the first meeting or two then see how things are going.

£20 to watch Championship speedway is way way over the top IMO.

I also had a season pass for the 2 years before COVID didn't get one last season as it included Bullets ,I had BSN last season from the start but attended both meetings with the wife,if I get BSN next season definitely will be staying at home to watch it.

There's going to be a lot of tough choices for people , Speedway is getting to be expensive and money is tight at the moment. I've had a season ticket for a few seasons now but I'm unsure weather I'm going to renew this coming year . 

I have been a Bandits season ticket holder for 13 years but I will not be renewing this coming year.

As there is no concession(I am 68 y-o) & have a round trip of 200 miles I do not think I will attend at all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DSC67 said:

There's going to be a lot of tough choices for people , Speedway is getting to be expensive and money is tight at the moment. I've had a season ticket for a few seasons now but I'm unsure weather I'm going to renew this coming year . 

My issue is I am being asked to pay more to watch pretty much the same product, that doesn't make economic sense, and IMO the that, and next year's team just isn't worth the outlay on a season ticket or an increase in admission. Travelling isn't the issue for me, as it is with some, as I live a 5min drive from the track, its the product I am being as to watch.

9 hours ago, Gringo said:

I have been a Bandits season ticket holder for 13 years but I will not be renewing this coming year.

As there is no concession(I am 68 y-o) & have a round trip of 200 miles I do not think I will attend at all.

That sums it up really.£13 last year with concession to £20 this year with no concession is over 50% increase. I realise looking at the crowds a big number will be concessions so can see why their business model says cut out concessions to increase income but not for me at those prices.Won't be back.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, screm said:

My issue is I am being asked to pay more to watch pretty much the same product, that doesn't make economic sense, and IMO the that, and next year's team just isn't worth the outlay on a season ticket or an increase in admission. Travelling isn't the issue for me, as it is with some, as I live a 5min drive from the track, its the product I am being as to watch.

Dropping the points limit and increasing prices doesn't make sense to me, don't think any newbies will be enticed this season.