British Speedway Forum

Thanks to NUFC I was spared last night, does that make me not a proper fan, I will leave that to others, anyway seems to be that I missed yet another unacceptable showing from a team of riders that are clearly not up to the job. Lack of race winners yet again leads to a home defeat yet again.

Onto Glasgow for more of the same I would suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Let me take a guess my Crystal ball tells me he will be in Poole colours next year and who would blame him every one wants to be a winner after all.

Already signed with Glasgow as far as I'm aware

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Mibies aye mibies naw. :party::cheers:

39 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

He *may* be destined for Glasgow, but he can't have signed for them yet as he can not in law sign a contract until he reaches 16. 

So everyone else still has a week to come up with a better offer.

• Like 1

Connor Coles in the Blue helmet ends up on the deck and unfairly excluded.

large-storm-formed-powdered-dust-260nw-1068239909.jpg

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Normski said:

Connor Coles in the Blue helmet ends up on the deck and unfairly excluded.

large-storm-formed-powdered-dust-260nw-1068239909.jpg

It took the Ref a couple of minutes to decide.!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

It took the Ref a couple of minutes to decide.!

How long does it take to toss a coin?

First visit to Shielfield last night and whilst I won't disagree that it was slick and dusty i've seen much worse meetings this season. Reasonable little stadium with everything you need, although the beer choice was pretty poor. They did well to get through 30 heats just before the curfew but the rush to get through them clearly affected the amount of work that could be done to the track. Ashton Boughen is definitely one to watch at the moment, have also heard he's Glasgow bound. Hopefully Greg Blair and Max Perry aren't feeling too second hand after some nasty crashes. I'll be back!

17 minutes ago, Shhalewhhale said:

First visit to Shielfield last night and whilst I won't disagree that it was slick and dusty i've seen much worse meetings this season. Reasonable little stadium with everything you need, although the beer choice was pretty poor. They did well to get through 30 heats just before the curfew but the rush to get through them clearly affected the amount of work that could be done to the track. Ashton Boughen is definitely one to watch at the moment, have also heard he's Glasgow bound. Hopefully Greg Blair and Max Perry aren't feeling too second hand after some nasty crashes. I'll be back!

Speaking of which... I know the ref was rushing the meeting through, but I thought it was a bit harsh to put the 2 minutes on for the riders while Max Perry was still picking himself up on the first bend after a rather nasty looking crash... Luckily he made it to the tapes with seconds to spare, somehow...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

No wonder the rubbish served up every week better things to do with our money very enjoyable nights racing last night when I WENT to Glasgow that's what you call speedway not what's been served up at Berwick hope you enjoyed it tonight Dick especially the free car parking and entry for yourself wasn't going to waste near enough £100 for the two of us just so you know I WAS there last the meeting only one I've missed before last night was the double header against the Scorpions

The only other club I would contemplate watching if Glasgow weren't around anymore would be Berwick, reading some of the posts it looks like the track prep is a major issue is it really that bad?

Will I need a boiler suit next week? 

Still looking forward to it though always an enjoyable day out. 

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

The only other club I would contemplate watching if Glasgow weren't around anymore would be Berwick, reading some of the posts it looks like the track prep is a major issue is it really that bad?

Will I need a boiler suit next week? 

Still looking forward to it though always an enjoyable day out. 

Yes

Yes probably

Hope you enjoy your visit

• Like 1

Berwick Rangers were away but another local club plays at Shielfield which i think has basically started this season. Due to the football over running speedway were not able to work on the track between 12pm - 5pm.

Edited by Normski

Think it time for Greg to hang up the Kevlars before he does himself much more damage.Too many falls for  a rider that been around as long as him.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, alang said:

Don't think he said he was a Glasgow fan.Thought whatever sport you follow you are allowed to go to any venue as a neutral if you think you will be entertained.Apparently not any more

Indeed...

Someone attending ANY speedway meeting is helping to keep that track going..

And, by definition, the sport itself...

I used to attend Sheffield and Stoke on a Thursday and Saturday, and often miss the Aces meeting on the Friday as the racing wasn't as good as the racing getting served up at the other two tracks in the 2nd Div..

If your local track isnt serving up enough entertainment, then support the sport by still attending somewhere else who is...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3