British Speedway Forum

Forgetting cost, vfm etc who wants and also as time to spend around 4.5 hours at a speedway meeting which will probably finish around 10pm if your lucky, that's if the 2nd meeting gets finished at all

Berwick have a nine thirty curfew.

I think the biggest problem at Berwick at the moment isn't what they charge to get in, it's the track provides little or no entertainment. It really has been pretty awful stuff served up so far this year

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, screm said:

Berwick have a nine thirty curfew.

These curfew times at tracks is ridiculous. At a Mildenhall they are near to RAF bases and planes are always flying over often during a meeting. I guess Most curfews are do to noise levels?

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Forgetting cost, vfm etc who wants and also as time to spend around 4.5 hours at a speedway meeting which will probably finish around 10pm if your lucky, that's if the 2nd meeting gets finished at all

Both meetings always get done and not near 10 o'clock, saying that im not a fan of double headers.

Edited by mc131

1 hour ago, wtf said:

I think the biggest problem at Berwick at the moment isn't what they charge to get in, it's the track provides little or no entertainment. It really has been pretty awful stuff served up so far this year

In my fairly limited opinion nothing wrong with the track as the U21 meeting proved 10 years ago.

42 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

In my fairly limited opinion nothing wrong with the track as the U21 meeting proved 10 years ago.

Enough said on that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

nice your still behind the lads lollollol

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That will please the Scunthorpe fans remember tell them to bring Cash.

is berwick paying in cash now

At the end of it all everyone has two choices, you either go or you don`t, we know the price. The promotion must feel they have set a price that is attractive enough to get as many as possible track side and at the same time making enough to cover the costs. If they have then credit to them, if they haven't its them who have to make up the short fall, then go and look at where they went wrong.

Don`t forget the free car parking.

5 hours ago, screm said:

At the end of it all everyone has two choices, you either go or you don`t, we know the price. The promotion must feel they have set a price that is attractive enough to get as many as possible track side and at the same time making enough to cover the costs. If they have then credit to them, if they haven't its them who have to make up the short fall, then go and look at where they went wrong.

I can remember when they actually charged for the Car Park at Shielfield.

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I can remember when they actually charged for the Car Park at Shielfield.

Must have been a long time ago i know the football club do or did as you got a ticket for halftime draw giving to you

5 hours ago, screm said:

Good job it's free ,if a couple are traveling from further afield to the meeting then  by the time they pay for fuel etc it's going to cost the best end of £100 for a night out , it's becoming a very expensive hobby 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2