British Speedway Forum

Really feel for James, he's not really a rider I've followed much and don't know a lot about him, however it's awful seeing him so disappointed and worried about his health and progress, I would love to see him back on a bike, enjoying himself again asap, but I fear it'll be a long while before that happens again. The life of a speedway rider, who'd want it?

Hope he recovers fast, and that he can be supported by the Ben Fund.

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Redcar track should suit Bailey given the way he rides Ashfield.IMO

As Ashfield is twice the size of Redcar I struggle to see the connection, but hopefully the lad will settle in and do well.

13 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As Ashfield is twice the size of Redcar I struggle to see the connection, but hopefully the lad will settle in and do well.

I would hardly call an extra 35 meters as 'twice the size'... I think the original poster was just referencing the speed of the tracks I guess?

14 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Redcar 266 m Ashfield 302 m not a great difference, but Conner bailey gonna be riding for Workington and that track will be very similar to Redcar. So could be a benefit to both rider and club

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You need to check your facts regarding “ twice the size”.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/2/2023 at 9:33 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Twice the size?

21 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Twice the size?

A remember when 'Wagon Wheels' were the size of wagon wheels!!!,,, massive maannn!

11 hours ago, Gazc said:

True I remember when Pizza Hut had those 18 inch pizzas always asked if you wanted it cut into 6 or 12 slices.

I always got 6 as I don’t think I could’ve ate 12.

A think a could only manage 1, why dirty a knife? ;)

• Haha 1

Was looking forward to going to practice tomorrow but not surprised it’s off.

Looks like the Bears might have team race suits this year looking at Erik Riss on the BSN press day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Was looking forward to going to practice tomorrow but not surprised it’s off.

Looks like the Bears might have team race suits this year looking at Erik Riss on the BSN press day.

While I've never been a fan of race suits & always preferred race jackets (partly as it's easier to recognise the riders) I must admit the Bears race suits looked really smart!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

While I've never been a fan of race suits & always preferred race jackets (partly as it's easier to recognise the riders) I must admit the Bears race suits looked really smart!

I think Redcar have put a nice subtle touch on their race suits which helps with that issue. Each rider has a different colour just above their elbow to help differentiate the riders.

Nothing massive, but a clever idea from whoever designed their race suits!

• Like 1