British Speedway Forum

On a serious note if Harris and Brennan are at Brum and Lawson at Poole. Who the heck are Glasgow having as their other HLs?! Scott Nicholls maybe? @Jaizer might get the wish of Troy Batchelor in the end! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

On a serious note if Harris and Brennan are at Brum and Lawson at Poole. Who the heck are Glasgow having as their other HLs?! Scott Nicholls maybe? @Jaizer might get the wish of Troy Batchelor in the end! 

I mean there must be someone lined up or wouldn't announce cookies release. Seen rumours Nichols might not be at Oxford, not really keen. Do you go controversial and sign barker? Howarth still available but historically not great at ashfield 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe Glasgow have unearthed another Scandinavian talent along the lines of Anders Thomson or the one that actually never turned a wheel for us, Leon Masden?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I mean there must be someone lined up or wouldn't announce cookies release. Seen rumours Nichols might not be at Oxford, not really keen. Do you go controversial and sign barker? Howarth still available but historically not great at ashfield 

Nick Morris? But that would eat up a lot of points. 

23 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I mean there must be someone lined up or wouldn't announce cookies release. 

Glasgow will probably have signed the whole team by now.

It would be a dangerous game to sign and announce one rider at a time when you have to work to a given average.

How often have we seen a team have to make changes because someone suddenly isn't available or someone "better" becomes available?

Edited by cinderfella
Spelling mistook
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Maybe Glasgow have unearthed another Scandinavian talent along the lines of Anders Thomson or the one that actually never turned a wheel for us, Leon Masden?

I may take the p about the Harris thing. But am genuinely interested to see which way Glasgow are going to go with this if Tom isn't staying. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Nick Morris? But that would eat up a lot of points. 

Na said earlier on thread that's not sustainable for nick imo. Blodorn if wanted to take a risk but be an inconsistent if exciting top 2 lol

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Na said earlier on thread that's not sustainable for nick imo. Blodorn if wanted to take a risk but be an inconsistent if exciting top 2 lol

Would love to see Blodorn in Champ but not sure how many leagues he does abroad? 

Let's hope you can all breathe a sigh of relief at half 7 cos Tom is announced! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Would love to see Blodorn in Champ but not sure how many leagues he does abroad? 

Let's hope you can all breathe a sigh of relief at half 7 cos Tom is announced! 

God's honest truth I wouldn't be heartbroken if Tom moved on. I know had full year at no.5 but think he stagnated a bit and looking at potential make up of team we'd need him to become a genuine 8 pointer and not sure he would be. Seemed to perform better for BV than us too which always sticks in my throat.

I'll probably get slaughtered for saying that now :rofl:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Masters

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Masters

What???? Is Steve coming out of retirement and giving up his helmet painting business? ;)

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Barker is in with his Uncle at Plymouth!

Got to remember Cammie knickers in charge of team building, as he does not normally knows what he is doing. It's gonna take a bit of time and lots of crossed out teams on his bit of paper :D

• Like 1