British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Has everyone forgotten Joey Ringwood? Or was he better? Dixie couldn’t half pick them (though he also found Nick Morris and Josh Grajczonek)

Ringwood had a bit about him. Couldn't tell you what his average was but imo was the best of that bunch. If he'd came back for 2nd season think would've kicked on

12 hours ago, Paulco said:

Michael Penfold trumps that 

To be fair, we've signed some pish.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Why O'Malley was even given 27 matches is beyond me.

My recollection is that there were two riders that caught Stewart Dickson’s attention at the same time, Jayden O’Malley and Mason Campton. Of the two, Jayden was performing better in Australia but Stewart needed someone to balance an O’Malley and who better than a Mason?  The out-turn is best forgotten!

46 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

My recollection is that there were two riders that caught Stewart Dickson’s attention at the same time, Jayden O’Malley and Mason Campton. Of the two, Jayden was performing better in Australia but Stewart needed someone to balance an O’Malley and who better than a Mason?  The out-turn is best forgotten!

Indeed Gordon.

Mason was a little patchy to start but improved and sadly more so when he moved to The Comets.

Think Mason finished with a respectable 5+ average.

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Who told you ?

Who told me that I think it would be a sensible signing? Me; I tell myself things. Isn’t that how it works?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Why would you take Complin when you have 5pts available? When you could have Vissing or even Rew. 

Will vissing do a full season or would he go missing tho

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Complin still fits with a young Aussie who I believe is being mentored by Darcy ward & from what I've been told the kid is something special !! 

Vissing also fits with the young Aussie as does the 5 point Aussie.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Was very settled previously at Glasgow but you can never say for sure.

56 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

News coming out of Australia that Zischke has had a bad crash after the final at Gillman. Hope he’s ok….

See the POOLE 2023 thread for the latest update on Tate's crash

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

See the POOLE 2023 thread for the latest update on Tate's crash

Thanks Skidder 1………..that’s better news……

12 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Or Billy Rae at Coatbridge in 1975

1975..Coatbridge..5..11..4..1..1.82

or some German bloke called Egon Muller in 1973 who amassed 1 point from 7 rides in 2 meetings for an 0.57 ave in 1973?

I suppose we could blame John Wilson's spare bike for that as we all know what Egon went onto on his own machinery 

Neil asked him if he had brought handlebars with him, he replied he had many bikes with different bars so it wasn't a problem. His excuse for his poor return?..........That's right the handlebars didn't suit him. Still, he was a brilliant rider.

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Well Glasgow isn't a Wed night track.......

3 hours ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Was it not a similar situation with Grajczonek & Davey? Mitchell was thought to be the most promising but it turned out to be Josh!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Has everyone forgotten Joey Ringwood? Or was he better? Dixie couldn’t half pick them (though he also found Nick Morris and Josh Grajczonek)

5 hours ago, MD said:

Ringwood deserved a second season IMO, he was better than the others around this era but not to be.

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Ringwood had a bit about him. Couldn't tell you what his average was but imo was the best of that bunch. If he'd came back for 2nd season think would've kicked on

Ringwood was better 3.70 (4.20). Seems he was worth another go.

• Thanks 1