British Speedway Forum

20 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

You mean all biased Glasgow fans.. was a racing incident with a terrible outcome  

NOTHING to do with biased Glasgow fans………was a DIRTY racing incident………(with the outcome obviously not intended)…….but a deliberate DIRTY move all the same.

29 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

You mean all biased Glasgow fans.. was a racing incident with a terrible outcome  

Looking over your shoulder and fencing someone is a racing incident? No worries mate

The SCB cleared him of any wrong doing a few days later and rescinded his fine.

5 minutes ago, soupy said:

The SCB cleared him of any wrong doing a few days later and rescinded his fine.

Nothing suspicious there eh? Referee who saw it kicked him out the meeting and fined him. On review with no new evidence he got let off. If so innocent funny mr Morris all of a sudden caught Jason garrity syndrome when he was due north of the border 

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Nothing suspicious there eh? Referee who saw it kicked him out the meeting and fined him. On review with no new evidence he got let off. If so innocent funny mr Morris all of a sudden caught Jason garrity syndrome when he was due north of the border 

Did post that earlier that he was fined etc.Well the SCB cleared him and not wanting to ride with all the abuse aimed at him might of made the situation even worse.

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Sickens me that waste of space right turner is gp director. One of the filthiest moves I've ever witnessed. Was a miracle he got out the stadium that day

Often wondered how he ever got that job. I mean, what were his qualifications or qualities?…….or did he win it on a game show?…..lol

1 minute ago, ragdoll64 said:

Often wondered how he ever got that job. I mean, what were his qualifications or qualities?…….or did he win it on a game show?…..lol

Yeah I mean ole Olsen to Phil Morris, some drop in level that!! Cardiff in particular has been awful under his stewardship, how none of the U21 weren't seriously hurt was a miracle 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Looking over your shoulder and fencing someone is a racing incident? No worries mate

Suggest you look at youtube video of the incident

(  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvIm7EiRYu8   )

and freeze on 1:02 - 1:04, and it does not appear that Morris is allegedly looking over his shoulder.

FWIW a friend of David's told me that David did not think that Morris intentionally meant to fence him.

Edited by cyclone

5 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Suggest you look at youtube video of the incident

(  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvIm7EiRYu8   )

and freeze on 1:02 - 1:04, and it does not appear that Morris is allegedly looking over his shoulder.

FWIW a friend of David's told me that David did not think that Morris intentionally mean to fence him.

From 1 dodgy camera angle. I know what I saw as do many others, I'll leave it at that

24 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

From 1 dodgy camera angle. I know what I saw as do many others, I'll leave it at that

Dodgy camera angle??

Morris doesn’t look over his shoulder as suggested, no camera angle will fix that

Just now, Matt Davis said:

Dodgy camera angle??

Morris doesn’t look over his shoulder as suggested, no camera angle will fix that

I'm done mate. You go by the YouTube video I'll go with what every eye witness there saw :t:

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm done mate. You go by the YouTube video I'll go with what every eye witness there saw :t:

Including the referee.

19 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Including the referee.

I would not trust most referees with vital decisions.But SCB seen the incident differently.

How anyone can defend someone who ended a career and is using a bag to this day is not worth debating with.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

As it was filmed by those producing Glasgow home match videos at that time, who IIRC had a fixed filming location,  you would expect them to have been aware of "dodgy camera angles" ?

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

From personal experience having been at live football matches, I've been convinced that the ref made a wrong decision. When I've later seen the same incident replayed on tv,  it has been confirmed that the ref's view was correct.

Given that the Morris incident happened in a split second , perhaps you and the other eye witnesses imagined what they saw, given the serious consequences of the incident.

As they say, "the camera doesn't lie".