British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Craig is craig, his issues are well documented and no need to go over them.

When he's good he's not only a fantastic Speedway Rider he is also one of the most affable and approachable guys you could wish to meet.

When he's not good he can be an absolute dick and be someone you'd be best to steer well clear of.

Unlike other illnesses that can cause you to have good and bad days like Migraine, IBS , Gout etc etc, mental illness is not immediately visible and try as they might those who suffer from it can't always control it. 

That's the nature of the beast of mental illness. I don't make excuses for the guy and I don't think he'd make excuses for himself. I'm sure though that he and millions of others who suffer from it would like a magic cure.

Well said, unfortunately people don't understand mental health issues, I don't condone what Craig said but as a mental health nurse, I am aware that things can be said and done that people don't have the same control over. Mental health issues are very complex, there is often increased anger and frustration which people find difficult to deal with.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Now available in the track shop... :D

image.png.42a95b5aef5390fe3cdfc3c36c60efce.png

Can see Cammie knickers walking round the pits with this :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, weejeemy said:

Basso fined for throttling cook.

Need new glasses, looked quickly and thought cook was cock! Then again.....maybe I was right in first place, or even choking the chicken I suppose. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Well said, unfortunately people don't understand mental health issues, I don't condone what Craig said but as a mental health nurse, I am aware that things can be said and done that people don't have the same control over. Mental health issues are very complex, there is often increased anger and frustration which people find difficult to deal with.

Whilst I agree with the Mental Health issues Craig has and it certainly can’t be easy for him, and as we know can lead to deep depression.

But there has to come a point that we have to stop using the issue as a defence . I don’t think anyone would have questioned the crash on Sunday other than a racing incident albeit Bens reaction in the aftermath suggested he thought there was more to it than a racing incident.

His tweet confirms that he knew exactly what he was doing Mental Health Issues or not in no way can that be excused regardless.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

His tweet confirms that he knew exactly what he was doing Mental Health Issues or not in no way can that be excused regardless.

Maybe there should be some kind of 'vetting' regarding mental health issues within speedway?

In some cases it could be like, giving a nutter a gun.

Am I right in saying Glasgow don't do live streaming anymore?

39 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Am I right in saying Glasgow don't do live streaming anymore?

Yeah didn't do it last season either unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

Thought I'd seen it thought I better check Drew,one of Lee's sponsors was asking apparently he's trying out a new engine tonight.Glasgow to win by at least a dozen.

On 3/23/2023 at 7:18 PM, alang said:

It's Glasgow. Bound to be the team manager's fault.

If that's the case there is bound to be photographic evidence surely?

On 4/12/2023 at 12:48 PM, Neila said:

Can see Cammie knickers walking round the pits with this :D

tickle me i forgot to laugh.

Seems bit strange with so few fixtures this season the KO cup fixture with Redcar been set for a random Tuesday night during the school term.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Seems bit strange with so few fixtures this season the KO cup fixture with Redcar been set for a random Tuesday night during the school term.

Due to rider availability, we don't want to ride without Marcin, Ben, Tom or Claus as they all ride abroad

6 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Due to rider availability, we don't want to ride without Marcin, Ben, Tom or Claus as they all ride abroad

I'm well aware of that, but to my knowledge they don't ride Friday's unless national title/ fim engagements. I assume none ride in Sweden on Tuesdays?

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm well aware of that, but to my knowledge they don't ride Friday's unless national title/ fim engagements. I assume none ride in Sweden on Tuesdays?

Redcar will have Friday night race night rights.Glasgow will be the Team to race on off night.Tue probably best because of Poland on weekends.

ps 

Brennan in Poland yesterday at No8 and didn’t get a ride!

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Redcar will have Friday night race night rights.Glasgow will be the Team to race on off night.Tue probably best because of Poland on weekends.

ps 

Brennan in Poland yesterday at No8 and didn’t get a ride!

Glasgow have priority over Redcar on Fridays as Redcar were Thursday until weren't allowed to be

• Thanks 1