British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

"No rider with a current or previously assessed MA, other than a rider who has never achieved an MA in a professional league, can drop below 4.00 at any time during the season."

Can someone confirm this for me? 

If so I'm confused why Roynons on a 3.8something.

Surprised its as high as 3.8! I think you will find Roynons average isnt assessed

35 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

"No rider with a current or previously assessed MA, other than a rider who has never achieved an MA in a professional league, can drop below 4.00 at any time during the season."

Can someone confirm this for me? 

If so I'm confused why Roynon's on a 3.8something.

It's refering to foreign riders on assessed averages not being able to drop below 4.00.

The second part confuses me though, what does that mean? Surely nearly every new commonwealth rider hasn't achieved an MA in a professional league?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It's refering to foreign riders on assessed averages not being able to drop below 4.00.

The second part confuses me though, what does that mean? Surely nearly every new commonwealth rider hasn't achieved an MA in a professional league?

Is the rule then targeted at European riders who have raced in Sweden, Denmark or Poland rather than Commonwealth riders?

Although obviously more Aussies are starting out in Poland or Denmark these days as it's easier to race there than meet UK visa requirements.

53 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

37 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Is the rule then targeted at European riders who have raced in Sweden, Denmark or Poland rather than Commonwealth riders?

Although obviously more Aussies are starting out in Poland or Denmark these days as it's easier to race there than meet UK visa requirements.

What I don't understand is that riders like Jacob Hook or James Pearson who I'm sure never rode in Denmark or Poland before the UK can't drop below 4.00, but they seem to qualify under the "rider who has never achieved an MA in a professional league" part of the ruling?

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Since when was Roynon assessed? He started the season on a 3.47/3.48 ish. 

Morning Lisa, it was a late night read through and posted before bed but I think I'm getting what it means now.

I was thinking about Lee and wether he would potentially drop below 4 on July 28th. As last year he was on an assessed average, but due to Newcastle closing he didn't obtain a CMA as he didn't get enough meetings. Now he's started this season with an assessed average again. So I'm not sure how it works.

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Morning Lisa, it was a late night read through and posted before bed but I think I'm getting what it means now.

I was thinking about Lee and wether he would potentially drop below 4 on July 28th. As last year he was on an assessed average, but due to Newcastle closing he didn't obtain a CMA as he didn't get enough meetings. Now he's started this season with an assessed average again. So I'm not sure how it works.

Lee Complin dropped below 4.00 last year, but those Newcastle meetings were removed, putting him back at 4.00 again.

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Lee Complin dropped below 4.00 last year, but those Newcastle meetings were removed, putting him back at 4.00 again.

So can he drop below 4 at the end of this month? on the Declarations it says "assessed" next to his name, which is why I went looking in the rulebook.

3 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

So can he drop below 4 at the end of this month? on the Declarations it says "assessed" next to his name, which is why I went looking in the rulebook.

I'm sure he can, but I think the rule is written very poorly!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm sure he can, but I think the rule is written very poorly!

That's the BSPA for you

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

That's the BSPA for you

Clearly a flip of the coin or roll of the dice is whats probably going to be used to determine it.

4 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Clearly a flip of the coin or roll of the dice is whats probably going to be used to determine it.

Rock, Paper, Scissors!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Noelinho your just not getting it the reserves aren't strong enough as a pair it's not that hard to understand Poole won title because they had 6 scorers tigers have 5 ...if you don't understand or see this I can't help you ....but you will see in the bsn final & league how we will be beaten wait & see ok ....ps there is better out there than Lee & ace you just have to look & if not here the widen your search if your not that bothered about winning then fine keep it as it is but don't be fooled thinking we're gona win a trophy

To jaizer its not arrogance about team building at all so calm down wi the bull directed at me it was an opinion it's a forum so it's allowed ok , monarchs won league because they had acgiod team & a big home track advantage simple ...Glasgow not so much with ashfield track which most riders can race on armadale is way harder to ride ...is that opinion allowed by you 

On 7/2/2023 at 12:44 PM, Nickinho said:

That's the BSPA for you

SCB make the rules, not BSPL.....