British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Not really "better teams" I would say better foresight and use of the points limit.

Last year and please correct me if I'm wrong, but not a single Poole rider was riding out of the country, I also believe only 3 of the riders were doubled up in the premier. So fatigue didn't seem to be an issue later on in the season.

This year you got Zach Cook on a steal of an average which allowed to build a slightly stronger reserve pairing.

The way things are looking I sadly think a few teams will close come the end of the season which would perhaps accelerate the change to two divisions and thus end the stupid doubling up situation.

All doubling up has done is Rob fans of seeing riders and their machine operate at 100%. And it's not just at the top level. There are rider doubling up between CL and NDL and their scores show the toll it takes on them.

As much as I don't want to see any club fold I do want to see the PL and CL amalgamate for the good of the sport.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Need to change every thread title then.

They pollute every thread and think everyone else is interested, not all I must add but the usual suspects.

I think that they're all trolls lead by Karen. A prediction she'll be on soon, unless of course I'm a liar  and she won't. :rolleyes:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Not really "better teams" I would say better foresight and use of the points limit.

Last year and please correct me if I'm wrong, but not a single Poole rider was riding out of the country, I also believe only 3 of the riders were doubled up in the premier. So fatigue didn't seem to be an issue later on in the season.

This year you got Zach Cook on a steal of an average which allowed to build a slightly stronger reserve pairing.

Zach Cook rode in Poland last year.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:19 PM, proud panther said:

Wish the Facenas were running Panthers. Improving the stadium every year, & putting very competitive teams out. Would have a few more trophies if they had a bit more luck with injuries as well, in my opinion.

11 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Excellent point that a lot of people tend to forget.

Not sure it really matters if they were unlucky with injuries or not, for one you can never prove what will happen, secondly people will only remember the league winners, not a team unlucky with injuries - sadly that just a part of the sport.

However Glasgow always put out a strong team & always near the top, many clubs would be far happier with that sort of record.

Rumoured at Edinburgh tonight that the tiggers are soon to sign a new rider, a certain young rider who turns 16 in August,  a good prospect, but if true think he should just do a few guess bookings and start next season on a 2/3 average.  Tiggers splashing the cash again ?

• Haha 1

Ashton Boughen then... Him and Ace at reserve would be terrible so I assume it's one or the other next season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Ashton Boughen then... Him and Ace at reserve would be terrible so I assume it's one or the other next season

I'd have thought the opporchancities at Leicester in the PL and NDL would have appealed to the lad more but the way things are heading with threats to three or four teams it looks like the PL & CL will be amalgamating next season so the too tier would be the same.

Just hope if Glasgow do sign him they tie him up on a deal for a few years and he's not a one or two year deal wonder.

Just out of interest what age is William Cairns?

Edited by cinderfella

7 hours ago, Neila said:

Rumoured at Edinburgh tonight that the tiggers are soon to sign a new rider, a certain young rider who turns 16 in August,  a good prospect, but if true think he should just do a few guess bookings and start next season on a 2/3 average.  Tiggers splashing the cash again ?

Not necessary as he wont get the eight league meetings required o get a "proper" average, so would still start 2024 on an assessed figure. 

Edited by Beirao
  • Like 1

The kid ashton boughen is gonna be a big star he's destined for the top his racing style is immaculate reminds me of Dan Bewley not even 16 yet & mixing it with riders yrs ahead of him & not long on a bike so he will have a number of clubs after him ..but wud like to see tigers get him & give him several yrs contract as he's gonna rocket in the sport in a few yrs with more experience & better equipment etc he goes well round ashfield too , and no reason we can't have ace as well for the same reason he has a big future though that cud be tough in big league way it's looking both at reserve let's wait & see 

9 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Didn't know that, thanks @Skidder1 who was he riding for?

Torun in the  Tuesday U24 league.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure it really matters if they were unlucky with injuries or not, for one you can never prove what will happen, secondly people will only remember the league winners, not a team unlucky with injuries - sadly that just a part of the sport.

However Glasgow always put out a strong team & always near the top, many clubs would be far happier with that sort of record.

The two posts you quoted were in response to the so called Glasgow fan with chips on both shoulders. He suggested the Facennas might be good businessmen but knew nothing about speedway as they had won nothing. They built excellent teams but were unlucky with injuries which you can't legislate for. Not to mention everything else they have done for speedway.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I dont think they'll take both next season.

13 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I dont think they'll take both next season.

A lot could depend on the make up of the leagues next season.

IF there is an amalgamation of PL & CL there will be a "shortage" of riders so perhaps changing the team building to include two NDL standard reserves could be a way round having enough riders while giving more opporchancities to new riders.

Obviously some limitation may be required as some of the current NDL heat leaders who are doubling up are holding good CL averages.

25 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

A lot could depend on the make up of the leagues next season.

IF there is an amalgamation of PL & CL there will be a "shortage" of riders so perhaps changing the team building to include two NDL standard reserves could be a way round having enough riders while giving more opporchancities to new riders.

Obviously some limitation may be required as some of the current NDL heat leaders who are doubling up are holding good CL averages.

I'm all for an amalgamation of the leagues my only concern would be would it still attract the GP riders? How many teams are we having in the league? What nights would they race on, 2 pointers coming from the NDL are suddenly going to be at the tapes with Emil,Artem,Tobias, jack,Max etc etc. The jump from the NDL is already colossus how much bigger a jump will it be.