British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

That was my thoughts all along people (person) on the management committees nose out of joint and fighting against it. Can't think any other sport where this can happen 

Which is another reason why we need a TOTALLY INDEPENDENT ruling body. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Download it and read it to your hearts content:

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/download.php?view.10304

I've read it cover to cover it helps massively with insomnia. It is as clear as mud and even then I'd have to take my glasses off to try and make sense of it.

"Riders match averages will be calculated off all eligible races"(I'm paraphrasing )is complete and utter bollox. They use number of points /number of heats X 4. When I saw that I  calculated based on Nowaks heats and realised it was X4, then  I knew that it was utter nonsense and the rest of the rulebook reaffirmed my first impression.

16..... That's right 16 reason why a facility could be granted it'll probably be up to 17 next year to include "van broke down".

Sticking to the Glasgow topic, Great job in Plymouth tonight another £12 will be spent on the Poole stream tomorrow too and hopefully we can improve on last time.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You should be watching the Plymouth stream!

Champions League takes priority tonight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Champions League takes priority tonight.

Aged 5 years in 2 hours watching that!!

• Like 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

Aged 5 years in 2 hours watching that!!

Good game that tonight, score line is an omen for the 2nd leg.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If indeed anyone has kicked off about it, its just as likely (more?) to be Scunny!

Incidentally I gather the delay is down to Glasgow wanting an immediate facility for the Pole had it been announced today without him being available til later in the week.

Glasgow wouldn't be due a facility for their new rider, but can use r/r for Nowak. When Edinburgh announced Clegg, he didn't start till the Friday & they used a facility for Fredriksen for two matches (Plymouth & Poole away from memory) till Clegg signed, Glasgow could have done the same

Edited by szkocjasid

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely the problem is signing a new rider, redeclaring and then wanting a full 'facility' to cover his absence before he's ridden for the club, rather than the 75% guest facility?

Why would they even try to do that though? They have 28 days to replace Nowak, can easily wait till Friday to use Wojdylo

10 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I thought you could not gain an average LESS than your assessed average? Rew was re-assessed from 5 to 4 when Emil was brought in but I do not know why the ruling changed.

A riders average can drop below his assessed average, but 4.00 is the minimum for foreigners. That's why last year Jacob Hook couldn't drop his assessed average (4.00) but Lasse Fredriksen (5.00) could.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Why would they even try to do that though? They have 28 days to replace Nowak, can easily wait till Friday to use Wojdylo

A replacement rider must be done by 28th August. It was suggested that 'its hoped a new rider would be in place for the Wednesday meeting'! Somebody didn't check he was booked in Denmark.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

A replacement rider must be done by 28th August. It was suggested that 'its hoped a new rider would be in place for the Wednesday meeting'! Somebody didn't check he was booked in Denmark.

Theres still plenty time to get Wojdylo signed up before the 28th, just pointing out they could use r/r before signing him, not after. The first thing they should do is check a new riders availability, pretty daft if they tried to sign him for Wednesday, if his first match was to be on Friday.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Is there actually any evidence we have a problem with it? 

No, thought not. 

who mentioned Poole had a problem with it?

8 minutes ago, therefused said:

who mentioned Poole had a problem with it?

17 hours ago, Weeyin said:

I wonder who ? A team with a history of manipulation is my guess

17 hours ago, Jaizer said:

That was my thoughts all along people (person) on the management committees nose out of joint and fighting against it. Can't think any other sport where this can happen 

17 hours ago, K7KDD said:

Yep no doubt......

Lets focus on our plastic trophy on our guff track and do all we can to try not facing a team that is not at full capacity.......well done, NOT.

Show some balls and face a team fair and square as per the rule book and cut the nonsense out..........or are you that scared!!!???

Plastic trophy, plastic champions.

13 minutes ago, therefused said:

No one mentioned Poole in any of those comments? Not everything revolves around your team

So you dont think those comments refer to Poole!!!!

14 minutes ago, therefused said:

No one mentioned Poole in any of those comments? Not everything revolves around your team

You know as well as i do who there on about