British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, therefused said:

No one mentioned Poole in any of those comments? Not everything revolves around your team

7 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

You know as well as i do who there on about 

Yeah he knows it Poole. One mentioned champions, who else is that ! 

Plus he started it off by saying which club when mac101 said clubs. 

Edited by lisa-colette

14 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I've read it cover to cover it helps massively with insomnia. It is as clear as mud and even then I'd have to take my glasses off to try and make sense of it.

"Riders match averages will be calculated off all eligible races"(I'm paraphrasing )is complete and utter bollox. They use number of points /number of heats X 4. When I saw that I  calculated based on Nowaks heats and realised it was X4, then  I knew that it was utter nonsense and the rest of the rulebook reaffirmed my first impression.

16..... That's right 16 reason why a facility could be granted it'll probably be up to 17 next year to include "van broke down".

Sticking to the Glasgow topic, Great job in Plymouth tonight another £12 will be spent on the Poole stream tomorrow too and hopefully we can improve on last time.

Averages are calculated using riders eligible races? Not all meetings/races count towards an average!

3 hours ago, therefused said:

who mentioned Poole had a problem with it?

20 hours ago, Weeyin said:

I wonder who ? A team with a history of manipulation is my guess

20 hours ago, Jaizer said:

That was my thoughts all along people (person) on the management committees nose out of joint and fighting against it. Can't think any other sport where this can happen 

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Is there actually any evidence we have a problem with it? 

No, thought not. 

18 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

'Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me'! What a Carry On!:rofl::rofl:

15 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

'You can't handle the  truth'! Courtesy 'A Few Good Men!' (NB. Not sexist:rolleyes:)

3 hours ago, therefused said:

No one mentioned Poole in any of those comments? Not everything revolves around your team

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

So you dont think those comments refer to Poole!!!!

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

You know as well as i do who there on about 

"Guilty until proved innocent" :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If indeed anyone has kicked off about it, its just as likely (more?) to be Scunny!

Incidentally I gather the delay is down to Glasgow wanting an immediate facility for the Pole had it been announced today without him being available til later in the week.

Why? ... should make play offs but not reach top position!

5 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

Averages are calculated using riders eligible races? Not all meetings/races count towards an average!

Yes

But how it's calculated is wrong, rider scores 4 points in a meeting.

Scenario A - has 4 heats gives him a match average of 4

Scenario B - has 3 heats gives him a match average of 5.33

Go through the tapes it goes towards your average.

5 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Yes

But how it's calculated is wrong, rider scores 4 points in a meeting.

Scenario A - has 4 heats gives him a match average of 4

Scenario B - has 3 heats gives him a match average of 5.33

Go through the tapes it goes towards your average.

I'm sure I've had this argument before, but I'm positive a tape exclusion doesn't count as a ride for the averages (unless not replaced)

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm sure I've had this argument before, but I'm positive a tape exclusion doesn't count as a ride for the averages (unless not replaced)

Tape exclusions are counted as a ride regardless of whether or not the excluded rider is replaced.

Two minute exclusions do not.

5 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Tape exclusions are counted as a ride regardless of whether or not the excluded rider is replaced.

Two minute exclusions do not.

I'm 99.9% certain they don't, but the next time I see a tape exclusion in a match, I'll look at the riders stats before they are updated & compare them afterwards to see (that I'm right lol)

Edited by szkocjasid

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm 99.9% certain they don't, but the next time I see a tape exclusion in a match, I'll look at the riders stats before they are updated & compare them afterwards to see (that I'm right lol)

See for example Jacob Clouting. Shown as 38 rides (up to last Wednesday) on BSPL website

And see here: 

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2023/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=ta&mc3=pf&mc4=Oxford Chargers&rider=Jacob Clouting&league=C&sort=date&comp=CMA&club=Oxford Chargers

(Ignoring abandoned match- 38 rides including the tape exclusion at Belle Vue.)

Edited by arnieg

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

See for example Jacob Clouting. Shown as 38 rides (up to last Wednesday) on BSPL website

And see here: 

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2023/riderperf.php?mc1=s&mc2=ta&mc3=pf&mc4=Oxford Chargers&rider=Jacob Clouting&league=C&sort=date&comp=CMA&club=Oxford Chargers

(Ignoring abandoned match- 38 rides including the tape exclusion at Belle Vue.)

If I'm wrong, and it looks as if I am (unless someone made a mistake) I cannot understand why they count tape exclusions for averages, normally a teams averages are based on 30 races per match, but with tape exclusions could be based on 31 or more.

If I was a reserve being replaced, I would ask to be allowed to touch the tapes every time to lower my average, which is why I couldn't fathom that they do count, as 1) one doesn't every rider do that, 2) think how long the matches would go on, 3) would the BSPL cotton on to what's going on & change the ruling?

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If I'm wrong, and it looks as if I am (unless someone made a mistake) I cannot understand why they count tape exclusions for averages, normally a teams averages are based on 30 races per match, but with tape exclusions could be based on 31 or more.

If I was a reserve being replaced, I would ask to be allowed to touch the tapes every time to lower my average, which is why I couldn't fathom that they do count, as 1) one doesn't every rider do that, 2) think how long the matches would go on, 3) would the BSPL cotton on to what's going on & change the ruling?

The "if I was a reserve being replaced" bits got me confused.

As in removed from the squad then yes, if you went through the tapes in your 3 rides you'd get 3 X 0's and the opposite reserve would get 7 rides.

The other point would be youve driven X amount of hundred miles to get to a meeting and left with no money.

The problem the Crayon munching Brigade have got is if they didn't count the tape exclusions their X4 equation would be even less effect.

Last night's meeting (keeping it Glasgow related) Richie Lawson scored 8 and Ben Cook got 6. One had an engine failure and the other went through the tapes.

Had Richie's engine failure not counted he would've got a 10.6 to add to his CMA pot last night. 8/3(x4)

Ben cooks Tapes would've kept him on a 6 average whereas with this wonder maths his average was 4.8. 6/5 (X4)

Just read the after match report and looks like Lee blew his engine in heat 1. If this is the new engine that he had against Berwick home/away and Plymouth, which have netted him his biggest points hauls this season, then I hope to goodness another similar engine is found soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Just read the after match report and looks like Lee blew his engine in heat 1. If this is the new engine that he had against Berwick home/away and Plymouth, which have netted him his biggest points hauls this season, then I hope to goodness another similar engine is found soon.

Perhaps TigersPlus could start a GoFundMe fund raiser for Lee.

• Like 1