British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t really see the attraction in Complin,an entertainer but is  well past his best at Championship level.The sport is dropping that much in Standard that he is a sought after rider.Sad IMO.

They keep talking about young talent,yet not many are getting a fair go.

Just fiddling about in the numbers game…….he can still pull out the stops on occasion…….

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t really see the attraction in Complin, an entertainer but is well past his best at Championship level.The sport is dropping that much in Standard that he is a sought after rider.Sad IMO.

They keep talking about young talent,yet not many are getting a fair go.

The attraction of Complin is because he's well past his best & has a low average. To sign him at his best would mean signing him as a heat leader & not a reserve

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

The attraction of Complin is because he's well past his best & has a low average. To sign him at his best would mean signing him as a heat leader & not a reserve

He’s probably getting reasonable money for having a bit of a skid.

If Lawson's to stay at Poole alternative would be the other worrall and maybe Stefan nielsen? Or howarth and James Pearson.

Or batch and someone like ruml. But given we've released danyon whose similar average to ruml I assume not going down that route

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Do you not think Brennan will be back

I don’t know. I don’t see why he wouldn’t, but others seem to think so. The only thing I’m reasonably confident about is Nowak. I’d be surprised if we don’t see him. The rest, pure guesswork.

Tom held his average well riding at #5, which to be honest was a really tough gig for him early in the season. But he grew into it well, and is well placed to take another step next year, I’d say. I think he just needs to work a bit on consistency, but I don’t think any Glasgow fans would be disappointed to see him back.

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Nope me neither! Why swap a rider then let him go back. Richard will be at Poole.

Because he might want to ride at Glasgow? I expect him to be at Poole but as we've all seen umpteen times in the past riders usually end up riding where they want to be.

Edited by Bagpuss

26 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If Lawson's to stay at Poole alternative would be the other worrall and maybe Stefan nielsen? Or howarth and James Pearson.

Or batch and someone like ruml. But given we've released danyon whose similar average to ruml I assume not going down that route

You said you’d have a meltdown if Bomber signed……and then you go and bring up the  Batch word???    Do you want the rest of us to have a meltdown?….lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Because he might want to ride at Glasgow? I expect him to be at Poole but as we've all seen umpteen.rimes in the past riders usually end up riding where they want to be.

After the semi final issues, I don’t think Richard wants to be anywhere near Glasgow. The only way Poole would let that happen if maybe a swap for Tom. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Because he might want to ride at Glasgow? I expect him to be at Poole but as we've all seen umpteen.rimes in the past riders usually end up riding where they want to be.

No, they usually end up where they can get the best deal.

1 minute ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Or where they've got the best chance i winning something 

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Winning shiny objects means little to most riders, money means a heck of a lot more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

That’s great news for the fans who pay good money.

36 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I think for example £5,000 more a season means more than a £2 medal. 

59 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

After the semi final issues, I don’t think Richard wants to be anywhere near Glasgow. The only way Poole would let that happen if maybe a swap for Tom. 

That's the whole point, if a rider is strong willed enough their parent club gets no choice. Kennett, Miedzinski, Batchelor and Crump are all examples from the past.

36 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yep, probably amounts to the same thing. Location and race night probably contribute in some cases too.