British Speedway Forum

Ever the optimist…..

If the rumoured limits are correct I can’t see a world that an Edinburgh team could fit Masters in sadly. With that in mind I’d be keeping Josh and speaking with Ritchie Worrall or Cookie. In the lower end of the team I’d be keeping Hook and probably giving Lee Complin a run at reserve if he fancied it. The middle order is tough and if you go with a 7.00 rider like Sedgmen or Thomson then your second strings are 4.00 riders really. 

Positivity only on this thread btw….. :)

48 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Ever the optimist…..

If the rumoured limits are correct I can’t see a world that an Edinburgh team could fit Masters in sadly. With that in mind I’d be keeping Josh and speaking with Ritchie Worrall or Cookie. In the lower end of the team I’d be keeping Hook and probably giving Lee Complin a run at reserve if he fancied it. The middle order is tough and if you go with a 7.00 rider like Sedgmen or Thomson then your second strings are 4.00 riders really. 

Being positive - you positively can’t get Richie as he’s signed for Plymouth

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Being positive - you positively can’t get Richie as he’s signed for Plymouth

Haven’t seen it confirmed? I’m sure he’ll stick to his verbal commitment though…..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Ever the optimist…..

With very rough maths and not looking at the exact averages I am positively telling you that with Sam,Josh,cookie and Justin you have less than 6 points to get your last 3 riders in.

1 minute ago, Cast1rn said:

With very rough maths and not looking at the exact averages I am positively telling you that with Sam,Josh,cookie and Justin you have less than 6 points to get your last 3 riders in.

Your reading is worse than your maths

14 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Haven’t seen it confirmed? I’m sure he’ll stick to his verbal commitment though…..

Not like someone else I could mention.

Just now, Mike0310 said:

Not like someone else I could mention.

That's what Jan means, Richie verbally agreed to return to Edinburgh for 2022 but didn't 

• Like 1

Can see the return of cook this year if we run. Almost joined back last year. Josh will move on.

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Can see the return of cook this year if we run. Almost joined back last year. Josh will move on.

Is Cook an Edinburgh asset still?

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Ever the optimist…..

Strongly believe we will be back at the Dale next season, let’s hope there an announcement soon.

With regards to team building… no matter what average Sam is on, he must be the first name in the 1-7. He loves the club and his average is that high for a reason, we’re lucky to have him. 

Cookie was close to returning this season so we may see him next year, it was certainly good to see him smiling on Saturday. Josh has signed elsewhere from what I’ve heard.

If the points limit is lowered then I don’t think we will see both Lasse and Jacob back, both improved over the season so would be hard to pick between them.

I’d have Paco back in a heartbeat, he’s an entertainer and gets people through the gate. He’s beat some top riders around Armadale this season and very good value on a 4.93.

I agree with you on Lee Complin, another entertainer and always gives 100%. Put in some big scores towards the end of the season and capable of passing at most tracks.

If we’re working towards 38 points I’d be looking for something like: Sam, Cookie, Paco, Heeps, Jacob/Lasse, Complin and a 2 pointer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Is Cook an Edinburgh asset still?

He is indeed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edin03 said:

Strongly believe we will be back at the Dale next season, let’s hope there an announcement soon.

With regards to team building… no matter what average Sam is on, he must be the first name in the 1-7. He loves the club and his average is that high for a reason, we’re lucky to have him. 

Cookie was close to returning this season so we may see him next year, it was certainly good to see him smiling on Saturday. Josh has signed elsewhere from what I’ve heard.

If the points limit is lowered then I don’t think we will see both Lasse and Jacob back, both improved over the season so would be hard to pick between them.

I’d have Paco back in a heartbeat, he’s an entertainer and gets people through the gate. He’s beat some top riders around Armadale this season and very good value on a 4.93.

I agree with you on Lee Complin, another entertainer and always gives 100%. Put in some big scores towards the end of the season and capable of passing at most tracks.

If we’re working towards 38 points I’d be looking for something like: Sam, Cookie, Paco, Heeps, Jacob/Lasse, Complin and a 2 pointer.

I’m with you. I’d now be more surprised if we didn’t run at Armadale in 2023. 

Decent point on Paco. Hadn’t quite clocked his average was so low. Reflects his inconsistency I suppose.

Running with Sam gives us such a long tail but there will be a few teams going that way next season. Might be a tough gig trying to get a team as a 6.00-7.00 rider. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

27 minutes ago, Edin03 said:

Midlands maybe?;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Midlands maybe?;)

Something like that. Paying well down there so expect a few new faces there.

If the rumours are to be believed then Birmingham are beating riders off with a stick they must be offering silly money, which I don’t blame riders for chasing.