British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

signed up or just a verbal , MPT had a verbal contract and the fked off .

What are you talking about, wrong on so many levels :nono:

17 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

If the rumours are to be believed then Birmingham are beating riders off with a stick they must be offering silly money, which I don’t blame riders for chasing.

Not silly money; just that they pay on time!

20 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Not silly money; just that they pay on time!

That’s a positive from the New Promotion,here’s hoping the crowd figures improve next season.Think they took a big hit this season.

15 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Have to agree with the Sam situation.  Still all based on rumour and speculation of course and still uncertain if Edinburgh will run in 2023 - but it does seem highly unlikely that any Championship team could afford to spend 10.58 on a No.1 and still be able to put a competitive team together, especially if the limit is reduced to 38.  Even a 9 point No.1 may well be a luxury if that was the case - possibly high 8s max.   Championship paying public look certain to be short changed yet again next year ? 

Agree with your last sentence.

14 hours ago, jenga said:

signed up or just a verbal , MPT had a verbal contract and the fked off .

Sure Plymouth will have learned their lesson from last year.

6 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Sure Plymouth will have learned their lesson from last year.

Mpt rode for Plymouth last season until Lawson fenced him and his injuries resulted in missing the rest of the season unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Mpt rode for Plymouth last season until Lawson fenced him and his injuries resulted in missing the rest of the season unfortunately. 

Didn't really fence him tho did he

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 10/18/2022 at 9:30 PM, lewy said:

What are you talking about, wrong on so many levels :nono:

SO why did he say sorry to the Workington promotion and fans then ? is that just bilshot from you ?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

Didn't really fence him tho did he

Oh please don’t spoil Lewy’s fairy stories. He provides such great entertainment to us all with them…..

• Haha 5

On 10/18/2022 at 9:07 PM, SlicktrackSandy said:

Have to agree with the Sam situation.  Still all based on rumour and speculation of course and still uncertain if Edinburgh will run in 2023 - but it does seem highly unlikely that any Championship team could afford to spend 10.58 on a No.1 and still be able to put a competitive team together, especially if the limit is reduced to 38.  Even a 9 point No.1 may well be a luxury if that was the case - possibly high 8s max.   Championship paying public look certain to be short changed yet again next year

I disagree, to get closer racing you want the gap from the top riders & bottom riders to be closer together.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2022 at 4:30 PM, Mike0310 said:

If the rumours are to be believed then Birmingham are beating riders off with a stick they must be offering silly money, which I don’t blame riders for chasing.

Given the amount if money Birmingham lost this year, paying even the sane rates must be regarded as "silly money". I fear for the club if they pick an expensive team & get no extra bodies turning up!

As for the Monarchs team. I'd be absolutely delighted if the run & not bothered who they'd sign as long as the Speedway continued.

• Like 3

Every team wants Josh but IF we are running, I sincerely hope he stays. He is pure entertainment 

14 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Every team wants Josh but IF we are running, I sincerely hope he stays. He is pure entertainment 

Might be a case of who can afford Josh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soupy said:

Might be a case of who can afford Josh.

That would be Edinburgh then.

• Like 1