British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford Cheetahs 2023

On 5/14/2023 at 9:10 PM, szkocjasid said:

2.41 available to (temporarily) replace Killeen,  Kinsley is was 2.13 / 2.08 with reduction.

Personally I'd go for Kinsley for 28 days for a few reasons,

1) it would give him more track time to help the NL side

2) if Killeen is fit before the 28 days are up, he can ease himself back in with NL racing

3) Kinsley can't guest for a 2.00 rider, so Oxford would have to look elsewhere for guests

4) allows Kinsley to put himself in the shop window for another club (Scunthorpe) if he rides well, but isn't kept on

Glad the promotion read my comments & agreed with me lol!

• Haha 1

Oxford announced at the Chargers match tonight that Luke Killeen was told he'll be out of action for 12 weeks. However, he went to Poland to have the operation and Sparta are helping him with his recovery. Still sounds like he's going to be out for a while, though.

12 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford announced at the Chargers match tonight that Luke Killeen was told he'll be out of action for 12 weeks. However, he went to Poland to have the operation and Sparta are helping him with his recovery. Still sounds like he's going to be out for a while, though.

While Luke might be an exciting prospect,what I have seem of him he is  far from the finished article and will need to learn to stay on the bike.Too much out of control at times for me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

While Luke might be an exciting prospect,what I have seem of him he is  far from the finished article and will need to learn to stay on the bike.Too much out of control at times for me.

Bit like another couple of Antipodeans in their early days over here.

Barry Briggs and Ivan Mauger

Have to sift through some dusty old files to see if they got any better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Incredible form shown by Henry Atkins moves him up into the top 5. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on with tougher races, although any points he loses out on should be equalled by Heeps upping his scores at reserve. Does mean r/r for Jenkins is weaker with Kerr no longer eligible for an extra ride.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Atkins rides with a heat leader in 2 of his 4 programmed rides & against opposition heat leaders & 2nd strings so not much harder than before. He has done well when used as a R/R or RS rides.

Edited by IronScorpion
wrong riding order

Will he or his dad be moaning when he will only be getting 3 rides? 

Atkins has done well in his last 3 meetings and shows how poor Heeps has been to be booted to reserve. Heeps woeful at many away tracks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Will he or his dad be moaning when he will only be getting 3 rides? 

Atkins has done well in his last 3 meetings and shows how poor Heeps has been to be booted to reserve. Heeps woeful at many away tracks.

Not really Heeps started on 4.33 and has upped his average to 4.53 but still drops to reserve. It's Atkin's good scores that have put him at reserve.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Atkins rides with a heat leader in 2 of his 4 programmed rides & against opposition heat leaders & 2nd strings so not much harder than before. He has done well when used as a R/R or RS rides.

Number 6 to second string isn't such a big jump, number 7 to second string is a massive jump. Obviously depends how often reserves are swapped round too.

Although Jason Edwards & Connor Bailey have both shown how much easier it is to score points at number 6 compared to 2 or 4 this year!

30 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not really Heeps started on 4.33 and has upped his average to 4.53 but still drops to reserve. It's Atkin's good scores that have put him at reserve.

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Although that hides a significant uptick in his home form and an alarmIng drop in his away form.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Although that hides a significant uptick in his home form and an alarmIng drop in his away form.

Heeps 2023 league averages. Home is 4.63, away is 4.44. 

2022 averages were 4.51 / 3.88.

Obviously the averages on the SpeedwayGB website only show league matches & maybe there is a bigger gap using koc & bsn fixtures, but the stats don't back calls of his poor away form.

EDIT: I've now noticed the averages have Oxford riders with 4 home & 2 away matches ridden, despite the team having ridden 3 home & away, so the averages I went by are bound to be wrong!

Edited by szkocjasid

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Heeps 2023 league averages. Home is 4.63, away is 4.44. 

2022 averages were 4.51 / 3.88.

Obviously the averages on the SpeedwayGB website only show league matches & maybe there is a bigger gap using koc & bsn fixtures, but the stats don't back calls of his poor away form.

EDIT: I've now noticed the averages have Oxford riders with 4 home & 2 away matches ridden, despite the team having ridden 3 home & away, so the averages I went by are bound to be wrong!

6.81 v 2.84 that's a huge variance

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2023/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=ta&mc3=pf&mc4=Oxford Cheetahs&rider=Cameron Heeps&league=B&sort=date&comp=All&club=Oxford Cheetahs

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

I saw that and couldn't understand how there was such a big difference between that & his "official averages" (before noticing a mistake)

However my comments were originally saying he hasn't gone to reserve because of poor form, which I stick by. A big home vs away split on other competitions had no bearing on his average. Last year (league matches only) it was 4.51 vs 3.88, this year it's 6.00 vs 3.14. So while his away has dropped a little & is very poor to be honest, it's his big increase in home form that makes it stand out more!

Edited by szkocjasid

I'm looking at popping up for a couple of meetings during the summer. Does anyone fancy splitting the cost of a taxi to the track from the train station?

Lewi Kerr announced he wont be back at Oxford 2024 they told him yesterday he's not in their plans