British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

GP Challenge Gislaved Sweden Saturday 19th August Live on PPV

44 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Why? Why should Artem and Emil be given exceptions? Whee do draw the limit on who he should be given / not given exceptions.

Why? Because there are already examples in many other sport where Russian athletes are still allowed to participate, for example the tennis players. Lots of Russian ice hockey players still play in foreign leagues, even in the NHL. 
As a matter of fact, both Artem and Emil are no longer Russians, they do have the Polish citizenship. They have both left Russia. Isn't it against the law to single them out and don't allow them what other Polish sportsmen are allowed to do, just because they were born in Russia?  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Why? Because there are already examples in many other sport where Russian athletes are still allowed to participate, for example the tennis players. Lots of Russian ice hockey players still play in foreign leagues, even in the NHL. 
As a matter of fact, both Artem and Emil are no longer Russians, they do have the Polish citizenship. They have both left Russia. Isn't it against the law to single them out and don't allow them what other Polish sportsmen are allowed to do, just because they were born in Russia?  

There will be no Russians in the worlds biggest tournament ……the next Olympics taking place in Paris. That’s already decided.

If as you say they are both now Polish they would surely be riding FOR Poland. I think you know that’s not going to happen.
And if it was against the law to single them out wouldn’t you think they would have there lawyers crawling all over this.

While Belarus are aligned with Russia in this Special Military Operation (which Putin planned to last 3 weeks), and Belarus troops (with Wagner) have moved up to the Polish border, I don’t thing Poland is sitting too comfortably at the moment. Just as Ukraine once belonged to USSR j not many years ago, so did eastern Poland. Add in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania (ex USSR) they all look vulnerable too. And Putin would like to grab Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech, Slovakia, Moldova, Georgia plus all the “stans”.. He wants to make a name for himself in Russian history and bring back the USSR, and at 70 he not got many years left to do it. He is desperate, and not bothered what the human cost is.

14 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

He’s the darling for whatever reason. I personally think his riding can go beyond hard. 

Yeah well i disagree again and you still haven't given a legitimate reason just a pretty pathetic personal one  

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Yeah well i disagree again and you still haven't given a legitimate reason just a pretty pathetic personal one  

You his dad?

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

There will be no Russians in the worlds biggest tournament ……the next Olympics taking place in Paris. That’s already decided.

If as you say they are both now Polish they would surely be riding FOR Poland. I think you know that’s not going to happen.
And if it was against the law to single them out wouldn’t you think they would have there lawyers crawling all over this.

While Belarus are aligned with Russia in this Special Military Operation (which Putin planned to last 3 weeks), and Belarus troops (with Wagner) have moved up to the Polish border, I don’t thing Poland is sitting too comfortably at the moment. Just as Ukraine once belonged to USSR j not many years ago, so did eastern Poland. Add in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania (ex USSR) they all look vulnerable too. And Putin would like to grab Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech, Slovakia, Moldova, Georgia plus all the “stans”.. He wants to make a name for himself in Russian history and bring back the USSR, and at 70 he not got many years left to do it. He is desperate, and not bothered what the human cost is.

see my previous comment. brain washed people kill each other for the sake of their leaders, how mental is that. 

On 8/19/2023 at 7:53 PM, JanAndersen said:

Oh good. Another season of ‘Doyley’. 

Much better than a year of Castagna.

Actually I thought it was quite a good meeting. Would have been better having SON2 there instead of Latvia sand track, the racing would have been better. Even a second Swedish GP, don’t know what crowd it would hold, but when tickets are sold you go on a stream and pay. 

Edited by OveFundinFan