British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

GP Challenge Gislaved Sweden Saturday 19th August Live on PPV

6 minutes ago, eric i said:

If thats the case with Doyle and Lambet in the line up there is quite a high chance that 4th place could qualify for the gps.

And Vaculik.Yip

44 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I’m sure that’s how it used to be, and there were a load of moans on here. They changed it and there are still a load of moans on here.  There are 10 gp’s in a year, in theory 15 of the very top speedway riders, not everyone can live up to it. Obviously need the ability, but the rider needs to be extremely fit, have very good sponsors (money), an excellent support team (mechanics etc). So many look good but when they get there it just doesn’t work.

Well, what is the point of only having top 6 if nr 7 and 8 always will get a wild card anyway? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghostwalker said:

Well, what is the point of only having top 6 if nr 7 and 8 always will get a wild card anyway? 

But no 7 and 8 don’t necessarily always get a wildcard. It gives the organisers the opportunity not to give a wc to either of 7 or 8, but if the organisers deem it fit to give wc to 7 or 8 or both then they can. It is more flexibility in the hands of the organisers.

Anyone seen racing at Gislaved, or know what the track is like? 

I have Google map it and it looks rather narrow. If Doyle and Vaculik get a top 3, and the Poles don’t like it, it could lead to an awful situation where those that shouldn’t qualify mess up the Gp’ for 2024. Those 3 riders from this (plus 1 from SEC) are in 2024 for 10 GPs barring injury. 
Looks like a small training track plus what looks like a motox track next to it as well. And next to an in industrial site. Perhaps this what the likes of Wolverhampton should look at for a new site…. Speedway, smaller training track, go kart or motox track.

Decent track, big/long (380 m), sometimes good racing,, sometimes not so good racing. The small track is for youth speedway (85 cc) so not a training track.

15 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Decent track, big/long (380 m), sometimes good racing,, sometimes not so good racing. The small track is for youth speedway (85 cc) so not a training track.

What’s your opinion……. Would you spend £15 on a stream?????

3 hours ago, CrazyMadTom said:

Any update on Holder or who is his replacement

Already been mentioned in this thread, Lambert is the replacement

18 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

hmm, probably not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 9:35 PM, OveFundinFan said:

From where??

2 hours ago, Welwyn said:

From where??

As R&R says….Tapes Up

I connected to Challenge 2022 at Glasgow. You need to login, meaning you need an account. That’s simply name etc and you pay via the login.

Weather forecast for Gislaved looking good for today. Not much chance of rain, in fact, quite a hot day. Might give it a go with the stream, hoping there will be some good racing.

Weather forecast for Gislaved looking good for today. Not much chance of rain, in fact, quite a hot day. Might give it a go with the stream, hoping there will be some good racing.

Got my pass now. Point to note is the pass says start time 14:45, elsewhere I seen 15:45 which I assume is 1 hour ahead of uk.

37 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Got my pass now. Point to note is the pass says start time 14:45, elsewhere I seen 15:45 which I assume is 1 hour ahead of uk.

Our pre-show starts with the meeting parade at 3:45pm local time with racing from 4pm - coverage will still be available after the meeting has started and later on demand.  Our friends and colleagues at Baansportfansite will be providing live official results, available with the meeting scorechart which you can print should you wish from the image below.

Cut and paste from the email promotion from tapes up promotions who are streaming the meeting.