British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTheAce

TV rights money

Kings lynn did NOT have any home matches on TV. Twice calling it off. One of them proper dubious. 

I assume they won’t get any TV money??? Certainly hope they don’t 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Kings lynn did NOT have any home matches on TV. Twice calling it off. One of them proper dubious. 

I assume they won’t get any TV money??? Certainly hope they don’t 

Isn't it like The Chase where you just split it evenly no matter what? 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

People who have never met get together to run Speedway? 

Makes sense....:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I believe all Prem clubs get an equal share of the Eurosport TV dosh plus an extra broadcast fee to the home side for each 'live' meeting covered. Less the cut that BSPL take for their central account!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Its not a huge amount of money anyway well, i say that... wouldn't say no and would want a slice 

Wonder how much it might be?

There’s never talk of prize money for winning the title, or whatever other competition is flavour of the season.

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Wonder how much it might be?

There’s never talk of prize money for winning the title, or whatever other competition is flavour of the season.

pretty sure the deal was worth around £500k over 5 seasons

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, lisa-colette said:

It's more like Bullseye.    You get your bus fare home.....   But come and have a look at what you could have won.  :unsure:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

It's more like Bullseye.    You get your bus fare home.....   But come and have a look at what you could have won.  :unsure:

More like "Pointless"!!

On 10/27/2022 at 4:12 PM, Falcon1983 said:

So £100k a year, £10k each club, extra £10k for the league winners, £5k for runners up and keep £25k in the coffers?

On 10/25/2022 at 10:58 AM, mikebv said:

People who have never met get together to run Speedway? 

Makes sense....:D

Couldn't make things any worse lol!

On 10/27/2022 at 4:12 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Is there any proof of this? Are you confusing the UK TV deal with a Polish one? :D   I got the impression that Eurosport picked up speedway on the cheap i.e. Eurosport cover their broadcasting expenses and the BSPZzzz were to make do with just getting the continued TV exposure, after SkySports and BT had had enough. I don't recall hearing any talk of the deal involving money going back into the sport, other than at the top level where Eurosport's parent company, Discovery got into bed with the SGP series.

Edited by uk_martin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Is there any proof of this? Are you confusing the UK TV deal with a Polish one? :D   I got the impression that Eurosport picked up speedway on the cheap i.e. Eurosport cover their broadcasting expenses and the BSPZzzz were to make do with just getting the continued TV exposure, after SkySports and BT had had enough. I don't recall hearing any talk of the deal involving money going back into the sport, other than at the top level where Eurosport's parent company, Discovery got into bed with the SGP series.

£500k over 5 years is peanuts compared to what Poland get, it only equates to £100k per season and Bartosz gets more than that for signing his contract

My memory evades me but someone pulled the plug on British Speedway a season early it could have been BT Sport or someone else but there was one season when either Eurosport or BT Sport picked up the coverage on a deal where they simply covered broadcasting costs and no money exchanged hands

But the 5 year deal did include a monetary amount with £100k being the figure talked about shared between clubs due to loss of gate money when they have meetings televised

3 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

£100k being the figure talked about

How does that compare to what SkySports gave in the past (less Terry Russell's 40% cut) to the sport for their coverage?  And was that talk just amongst fans or did it emanate from official publications? I appreciate it's what you hear being talked about but you also hear that the Earth if flat and that Donald Trump had his election result stolen from him.