British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

2 hours ago, Col said:

If not Ellis, who?

Lawson, Harris?

charles wright

Has Wright ever ridden regularly in Poland?

Got to be Ellis and Brennan for me.

I would personally go with Richard Lawson. I'm a big fan of Charles Wright but I think Richard just has the edge with the bigger meetings.

But as far as I'm aware the 5th rider doesn't have to be under 21 anymore, so perhaps bring Charles too and if Richard struggles try them both?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Col said:

Has Wright ever ridden regularly in Poland?

i believe he did a few year ago but got ripped off.

• Like 1

I just feel that if you expose any rider who doesn't ride in Poland currently and /or hasn't done much in the past they will get absolutely devoured at Wroclaw, a track where there is absolutely nowhere to hide. Ellis has been a regular on the continent for years and Brennan has quite a bit of Polish experience as well as riding BV every week. As good as the averages for Lawson, Worrall, Wright etc are in the UK I think they would be put to the slaughter. Bomber is the only other option really but I just don't see him having the speed unless he can sneak a longtrack bike in :D

• Like 1

Charles Wright and the 3 who pick themselves...

We have 3 of the worlds top 10, with two of them being absolutely top notch around their home track of Wroclaw at times this season..

Worrall would be my choice if at Vojens..

And Ellis seems to be having an injury impacted campaign...

So why Wright? 

Wroclaw and the NSS are pretty similar in shape as both built around American Football pitches with wide, sweeping bends...

And Charles does have that bit of "devil" in him when it all becomes "too close for comfort", he wont take any prisoners in those "clutch" moments of races...

And you won't be passing him without having to take a risk or two. He will make sure of that.

And if behind won't be scared of doing the odd "Bartek" across any of the apexes, and riding his opponent up the track...

For me, it is a great opportunity to win in Poland's "backyard"...

As long as we get "No 4" correct...

• Like 6

22 hours ago, mikebv said:

Charles Wright and the 3 who pick themselves...

We have 3 of the worlds top 10, with two of them being absolutely top notch around their home track of Wroclaw at times this season..

Worrall would be my choice if at Vojens..

And Ellis seems to be having an injury impacted campaign...

So why Wright? 

Wroclaw and the NSS are pretty similar in shape as both built around American Football pitches with wide, sweeping bends...

And Charles does have that bit of "devil" in him when it all becomes "too close for comfort", he wont take any prisoners in those "clutch" moments of races...

And you won't be passing him without having to take a risk or two. He will make sure of that.

And if behind won't be scared of doing the odd "Bartek" across any of the apexes, and riding his opponent up the track...

For me, it is a great opportunity to win in Poland's "backyard"...

As long as we get "No 4" correct...

Wright would do for me,I’m sure Polish track would suit him. also would have Lawson before Ellis.

• Like 2

It just cannot be Harris and I have a real feeling it will be him after his longtrack win over there

3 hours ago, DJC said:

It just cannot be Harris and I have a real feeling it will be him after his longtrack win over there

Rather Harris than Ellis at least he can cut it when the goin gets tough 

Will Chris Holder make it? If he does how effective will he be? I ask as this is probably the key for a GB 2nd place finish. 

22 minutes ago, Monarchs2468 said:

Will Chris Holder make it? If he does how effective will he be? I ask as this is probably the key for a GB 2nd place finish. 

He's announced as fit for Friday night and racing for Leszno against Grudziadz, so every chance he could make it if the Aussies decide to use him.