British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

21 hours ago, DazS said:

has he had  a serious injury yet?

No,but who would wish that upon any rider.He does have superb bike control though and he is brave and fearless as results show.Easily the best rider in the World at the moment. IMO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crumpet125 said:

It was a personal observation, not a criticism of anyone. As Tatum was constantly pointing out, running last places can be very costly in a team event, and so it proved. I thought Adam's contribution of 4 from 3 rides was a good effort.

Thing is that was probably the most competitive WTC regarding best 4 Teams and  4 riders,anyone could have ran a last in any race.We just have to take it for what it was a great meeting ,as the result showed any one could have won it.

15 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Does anyone know what the prize money was for this year's World Cup and how it was divided up? The dynamic duo made vague references to prize money without being specific!

Who does it go to?  

22 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

Just when you are about give up on speedway, along comes a meeting like this.

Fantastic stuff from 4 evenly matched teams all giving it their very best.

All four teams were winners and a triumph for the sport of speedway.

Maybe this a good template for the way speedway should go in the UK, four teams at every meeting so potentially more travelling fans, 5 man teams, run it at 16 heats or something. 

1 hour ago, Crumpet125 said:

Adam's contribution of 3pts from 3 rides was a good effort.

More than: Pedersen, Michelsen, Kolodziej, Lidsey & Chris Holder

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

No,but who would wish that upon any rider.He does have superb bike control though and he is brave and fearless as results show.Easily the best rider in the World at the moment. IMO

whos wishing him a serious injury:nono:  I'm asking how he would ride coming back from a injury, that is the test of the mental attitude. you are talking as if ive never seen him ride.:rofl:

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Could not agree more

4 hours ago, DazS said:

whos wishing him a serious injury:nono:  I'm asking how he would ride coming back from a injury, that is the test of the mental attitude. you are talking as if ive never seen him ride.:rofl:

I must admit I find it a strange question to ask , one would assume he would return to the  "once in generation " rider that he is !

1 hour ago, eric i said:

all 4 back anyone?

Clearly not.

But watching those highlights through, I still thought we might win despite knowing we didn't. :blink: It's such a shame. Because had we won, we've have been talking about it for years. It was truly a special meeting.

Edited by False dawn

1 hour ago, FAST GATER said:

I must admit I find it a strange question to ask , one would assume he would return to the  "once in generation " rider that he is !

let me simplify the question for the idiots on here there are great boxing champions that once been knocked out they dont come back the same . you lot seem to be saying a bad crash doesn't affect any rider. sorry if the question confused you and now you think i want zmarzlik injured. idiots.

I get what you are saying a lot of riders get injured during their career s some bonce back some don t come back as good it can knock your confidence.Don’t know if Zmarzliks had any big injuries 

5 minutes ago, DazS said:

let me simplify the question for the idiots on here there are great boxing champions that once been knocked out they dont come back the same . you lot seem to be saying a bad crash doesn't affect any rider. sorry if the question confused you and now you think i want zmarzlik injured. idiots.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DazS said:

Sadly I find the tone of your reply disappointing ,however the sport has had riders who been all but unscathed throughout their careers ( Mauger for example) and others who have been less fortunate  Peter Collins  springs to mind .Imo there is a certain amount of luck involved in whether riders have serious injuries or not during their career's and I for one don't even want to speculate about Bart coming to grief

1 hour ago, FAST GATER said:

Sadly I find the tone of your reply disappointing ,however the sport has had riders who been all but unscathed throughout their careers ( Mauger for example) and others who have been less fortunate  Peter Collins  springs to mind .Imo there is a certain amount of luck involved in whether riders have serious injuries or not during their career's and I for one don't even want to speculate about Bart coming to grief

i asked a simple question, and now it has turned to a inquisition, that some how  i am hoping he gets injured, thats where my tone comes from.