British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

RELIVE THE GLADIATORS & CENTURIONS 2022 SEASON WITH GLADIATORS TV REWIND

Tonight's offering guys, Premiering at 7pm on YouTube thanks to Gladiators TV sees the Plymouth 'Gladiators' vs Birmingham 'Brummies' in the Jubilee Southern Section League on 12/07/2022.

I managed to watch 4 races....one of the most boring race tracks I've seen....I'm glad I don't have to watch racing here week in week out!

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

216 m. Is that right?

Just looked...yes, you're right. 49 seconds TR !

good training track for learning to slide/turn the bike.

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Just looked...yes, you're right. 49 seconds TR !

good training track for learning to slide/turn the bike.

Seen some great action there when the dirt line builds as not too many will use it but when they do its a fantastic spectacle, especially when you stand on the back straight, so close to the action.

Track sizes are a moot point as you can see riders spaced out over 200-300 yards on some big tracks when slick so it's personal choice I guess.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, HGould said:

Seen some great action there when the dirt line builds as not too many will use it but when they do its a fantastic spectacle, especially when you stand on the back straight, so close to the action.

Track sizes are a moot point as you can see riders spaced out over 200-300 yards on some big tracks when slick so it's personal choice I guess.

Totally agree...it's personal choice. This is just my opinion. I got dizzy watching the online meeting. :D

I'm sure it will probably be a 50/50 split on spectator enjoyment etc...

It's just not for me!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Totally agree...it's personal choice. This is just my opinion. I got dizzy watching the online meeting. :D

It's just not for me!

I thought it was a really good meeting. But then I’m not a supporter of either team. It is a very tight track and was clearly struggling with it being a very hot day but most of the riders got stuck in thought clearly some - McGurk, Morris and Pearson - found it too tough. Birmingham just lacked the riders to be able to compete. 2 heat winners all night isn’t likely to keep you close. But, if you look at the league result a few weeks later, you’ll see Pearson learnt from his first visit

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

It's just not for me!

I've a very vague recollection of going to Crayford when I was really young with my dad and that being about the same size?

May be someone could enlighten us on how big Crayford was?

36 minutes ago, HGould said:

I've a very vague recollection of going to Crayford when I was really young with my dad and that being about the same size?

May be someone could enlighten us on how big Crayford was?

242 Metres ?

I think Archie Wilkinson and Chris Harrison joined B'ham after riding for Crayford?

I think Rye House was one of the smallest tracks that my dad took me to (1974) apart from Wimbledon, where they started and finished in different places :D

Plymouth is small but it’s deceiving because it’s narrow so looks smaller than it probably is.

Apart from its issues with being close to sea level, there is nothing wrong with that track, just because your typical throttle jockey finds it hard, doesn’t mean it’s a bad track, riding track that size requires skill over fast engines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/18/2023 at 8:14 AM, GiveusaB said:

I managed to watch 4 races....one of the most boring race tracks I've seen....I'm glad I don't have to watch racing here week in week out!

But unlike the Birmingham track I don't need the assistance of a pair of binoculars to see the racing

• Haha 1

Tonight's Gladiators TV rewind stream Premieres at 7pm on YouTube, featuring the 'Gladiators' vs Poole 'Pirates' in their Jubilee League South match held back in July.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SpeedwayPortal said:

Tonight's Gladiators TV rewind stream Premieres at 7pm on YouTube, featuring the 'Gladiators' vs Poole 'Pirates' in their Jubilee League South match held back in July.  Enjoy.

Even though I streamed it at the time. Might have a watch again tonight :t:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Even though I streamed it at the time. Might have a watch again tonight :t:

Is it still a guest for Kennett :nono:

• Sad 1