British Speedway Forum

Either Pijper, Bickley or Mitch Graham cracking rider in his day

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/16/2022 at 1:39 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

You can’t see anything out of those glasses and why ? He isn’t going to have any home track advantage !.

Although he really should be adding to it this season, plenty of talent but too many ‘F’ and ‘EF’s’, hope he makes it to that ‘next step’ this year.

He should end up with some home track advantage because he will have unrestricted access to Northside for as much practice as he wants which should sort the F situation out and with a mechanic like Steve Lawson supporting the home riders hopefully he can jump on those EF gremlins in the pits and that will be another problem put to bed...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 4

Home meetings on 3 &17 June, please. 

Rugby League fixtures are out already and Siddal play at Kells on 03 & Wath Brow on 17. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger

7 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Home meetings on 3 &17 June, please. 

Rugby League fixtures are out already and Siddal play at Kells on 03 & Wath Brow on 17. 

It's looking like a 3pm start for the Speedway, so unfortunately other local amatuer sport like RL and Cricket will clash.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

It's looking like a 3pm start for the Speedway, so unfortunately other local amatuer sport like RL and Cricket will clash.

Very disappointing and I'm surprised its 3pm on a Saturday - that is exceptional. Without lights, I suppose it has to be afternoon meetings. 

Thanks for letting me know, anyway. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Looks like all behind the rebirth of the comets mean business 1st what looks to be a great track now looking like a great team to go with it UTC

• Like 5

Cracking signing for the comets is young ACE !! From what I saw at the end of the season at Redcar ( he was mixing it with the top lads of the championship & beating some of them ) but what's more impressive is they way he conducts himself which stands him in good stead for the future & is a credit to his parents & can't wait for 2023 to see how he progresses 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 11:13 AM, RoundTheBoards said:

Ace Pijper or Elliot Kelly

Seems like my prediction last week of who the next two signings would be was spot on.

Hard to believe that Berwick wouldn't want to retain Ace Pijper.  Seems to fit in with the rumours that Workington have been throwing big money at riders to try to tempt them away from their clubs. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Cracking signing for the comets is young ACE !! From what I saw at the end of the season at Redcar ( he was mixing it with the top lads of the championship & beating some of them ) but what's more impressive is they way he conducts himself which stands him in good stead for the future & is a credit to his parents & can't wait for 2023 to see how he progresses 

Imagine Berwick would wanted Ace but maybe his and family decision especially as Theo no longer at Berwick So sad he not back at Sheilfield

9 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Seems like my prediction last week of who the next two signings would be was spot on.

Hard to believe that Berwick wouldn't want to retain Ace Pijper.  Seems to fit in with the rumours that Workington have been throwing big money at riders to try to tempt them away from their clubs. 

Well you can have it from the horses mouth no big money chucked at my rider. We declined more from others for his services 

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Honestly 

What did ya Mam always say about listening to rumours... fake news Biffa fake news...

Workington could have filled this team three times over with riders contacting them wanting to ride at Northside... and had a couple of spares to boot...

Before it was even decided to run the outline team was there... only one rider has been approached and that was after the team build figures were raised and even then the club management did a great deal of soul searching before they swapped out the last rider because they had a couple of additional points to play with and here's the rub... they did go to the other cluds promotion impacted and told them the situatìon before making the approach... which they were thanked for...

So there was "No tempting" and definitely no "throwing of big money" at anyone... however what riders will get is the opportunity of additional free track time during the week to hone their skills which other clubs will struggle to offer...

This is a stand alone operation and if it does not pay it's way the team won't run next season it's as simple as that... this team has been built on a budget and with a business plan that will need to work... we need to have fans through the turnstiles and we need to have sponsorship from local business to make it work... neither are guarenteed yet... this first year racing is a work in progress and is being run separately from the training track... we can't afford one business to pull down the other...

If money wasn't an issue and we had pleanty of it sloshing around to "Tempt Riders" and "Throw Big Deals At Them" we would have jumped directly into the Championship.... but we haven't and we are not in the fortunate position of some other clubs where the sport is bankrolled by a wealthy business... fiscal prudence especially in this first season back will very much be the watchword... 

So your rumour is no more than that Biffa or is it something you have made up just to stir things up... and if you try and follow the other motherly advice of... if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all... may be a good mantra to follow... and keep your ill informed rumours to yourself...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

As an avid local speedway fan I have not heard rumours of the cash being splashed. But have heard that there's hardly any riders who don't want to ride for the comets, the main reason I have heard is they want to ride what looks to be a great track. And most importantly have access to ride 7 days a week practicing to improve themselves,       so far most are young and have the ambition to progress further through the speedway ranks, Looking forward to seeing these young kids progress and only 2 mile fra yam :) you never know one of these kids could turn out to be the next Dan Bewley   UTC

• Like 5