British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, Neila said:

No got a filter that blocks all rubbish programs :rolleyes:

I have one of those! It is called the OFF button.

48 minutes ago, Neila said:

Nil points for eurovision then :rofl:

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Must be a big filter?

On 1/23/2023 at 11:01 AM, geoff100 said:

Bit of a gap june - august good weather and kids off school !

Got a KOC tie with Leicester & possibly a final to fit in too.

13 hours ago, Neila said:

Good deal for families for an afternoon's speedway, Mum ,Dad and 3 kids for £25. Says introductionary offer, but if successful and hopefully the crowds are healthy and its viable has to be the way with NL.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Don't know how these prices compare with the rest of the league, find it strange that's theirs no OAP prices, don't know the finances involved but I would maybe have had  a flat rate of £10 for all and kids £1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Don't know how these prices compare with the rest of the league, find it strange that's theirs no OAP prices, don't know the finances involved but I would maybe have had  a flat rate of £10 for all and kids £1.

Unfortunately a few years ago may have been £10, but can't see that back again now really. Although we had quite an expensive team for NL , Eastbourne charged £13 back in 2018 and before, so can't think it's far out today. I think more teams will stop the OAP concession and that's coming from one who would qualify. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Would you now? Well when you come and buy the club you can charge what you want... however at the minute you don't own it... how do you know that the £13 quid isn't the OAP price and the club were thinking of charging every adult 15/16 quid and the 13 was the concession... but because they would like to give the spot not only a chance of breaking even but still encourage enough folk to come through the gate... they decided to charge 13 quid across the board... Get a season ticket for £90 they are a steal... it looks like 9 matches on your season ticket so that's £10:00 a meeting... Honestly what more do ya want...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Would you now? Well when you come and buy the club you can charge what you want... however at the minute you don't own it... how do you know that the £13 quid isn't the OAP price and the club were thinking of charging every adult 15/16 quid and the 13 was the concession... but because they would like to give the spot not only a chance of breaking even but still encourage enough folk to come through the gate... they decided to charge 13 quid across the board...

Regards
THJ

I know you're probably being a bit flippant( always a first I suppose :)) with the £16, but having thought about it again £13 is spot on for a stand alone club. If the track is as good as it looks, good value, shame it's 500 mile+ round trip for me otherwise I'd give it go if I was closer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neila said:

find it strange that's theirs no OAP prices

Well that's something that was discussed at length i.e. age concessions, on this forum, many moons ago.

And, if my memory still serves me well, I think a top poster wasn't keen on such discounts?

I'm old enough to qualify for some age benefits. (wish I was younger).. And must add that thankfully I'm also lucky enough to reach these milestones.......yes certainly lucky enough.

I don't really want to have another written exchange on this - and whatever it costs me to watch Comets I'll cough up the readies.........hopefully many others do too....UTC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I know you're probably being a bit flippant( always a first I suppose :)) with the £16, but having thought about it again £13 is spot on for a stand alone club. If the track is as good as it looks, good value, shame it's 500 mile+ round trip for me otherwise I'd give it go if I was closer.

Flippant Moi... heaven forbid... to be honest Gazzac loads of options and rates were discussed and what we ended up with basically won on a democratic vote... although my favoured rate would have been 15 quid for your first meeting and every time you bring your last ticket back you get £5 off so effectively a 10 quid meeting for regulars... however it was felt that this would be unfairly treating away fans who couldn't do each week... now my response to that was rather flippant... but never mind I think the pricing is about right and those season tickets are a bargain to be fair because there may be another additional meeting on that... but with the 7 league and 1 cup meetings and possibly an open meeting to start the season with its about right 10/11:25 per meeting and if Neil buys a season ticket and we only get the 8 meetings I will buy him a pint just to keep his face straight...

Regards
THJ

Oh and having seen old Grumpy Chops response above (who I have been told is a millionaire by the way) if he gets a season ticket I will get him a warm drink of his choice Oxo Horlicks Ovaltine Tea or Coffee or if its a warm day a Bitter Shandy... got to look after your pensioners... Think Singy13 was one of the original Ovaltineys click on it and I think that's him on the right as you look at the picture...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Flippant Moi... heaven forbid... to be honest Gazzac loads of options and rates were discussed and what we ended up with basically won on a democratic vote... although my favoured rate would have been 15 quid for your first meeting and every time you bring your last ticket back you get £5 off so effectively a 10 quid meeting for regulars... however it was felt that this would be unfairly treating away fans who couldn't do each week... now my response to that was rather flippant... but never mind I think the pricing is about right and those season tickets are a bargain to be fair because there may be another additional meeting on that... but with the 7 league and 1 cup meetings and possibly an open meeting to start the season with its about right 10/11:25 per meeting and if Neil buys a season ticket and we only get the 8 meetings I will buy him a pint just to keep his face straight...

Regards
THJ

Oh and having seen old Grumpy Chops response above (who I have been told is a millionaire by the way) if he gets a season ticket I will get him a warm drink of his choice Oxo Horlicks Ovaltine Tea or Coffee or if its a warm day a Bitter Shandy... got to look after your pensioners... Think Singy13 was one of the original Ovaltineys click on it and I think that's him on the right as you look at the picture...

Democracy always (mostly?) wins Chairman THJ. Ideas were both ok, but simplicity probably was the overiding factor in the vote for most I imagine ? Ps, by the way I'm an OAP and beer under 5% abv why bother?  and the only coffee I'd have is is with a nice malt in with it out the hip flask.....

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

if Neil buys a season ticket and we only get the 8 meetings I will buy him a pint just to keep his face straight...

Regards

THJ

Agree a season ticket is a bargain, but for me I will be in Greece for 2/3 meetings , but I'll have a pint with you anyway John and I may buy them, be careful you Don't spill it 

• Thanks 1

the country or the musical as I know your love of dancing from seeing you in Cardiff last year.

• Haha 1