British Speedway Forum

On 4/29/2023 at 8:04 AM, topaz325 said:

Hope Ace is ok after a crash last night at Glasgow .

He was on the Post Match Parade,he was interviewed and said he was a bit battered and bruised,might feel bit stiffer now.Vey lucky lad.

• Like 1

For any comets fans who don't do social media or website, press and practice day 12..00 Saturday 6th may . Meet the riders / promotion at the Waverley hotel 18.00  all welcome UTC

• Like 1

Myself and two friends are coming up from Birmingham for the opening meeting. Can anyone tell me the admission price please as I can’t find it on the clubs website. 
Also, will there be any food outlets at the track where we can get a meal after our early start. 
thanks 

1 hour ago, the hobbit said:

any food outlets at the track where we can get a meal after our early start. 

Not sure re track food outlets as yet, but will probably be in the scheme of things????

However in the Dunmail Park shopping/cinema/Asda building alongside the speedway arena.......( on other side of railway line) there are indeed some decent food outlets.

1 hour ago, the hobbit said:

Myself and two friends are coming up from Birmingham for the opening meeting. Can anyone tell me the admission price please as I can’t find it on the clubs website. 
Also, will there be any food outlets at the track where we can get a meal after our early start. 
 thanks 

Admission info here - https://workingtoncomets.com/2023-admission-prices/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marksman said:

Best of luck to the Comets..

This type of venture could be very much the blueprint for the sports survival and, hopefully, growth..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Where is the carpark?

Parking available on a grassed area (looks well drained) inside the Northside areana also a car park on LH side 50 meters passed the speedway entrance,besides the sea, also if going to busy would think parking would-be  available on one side of access road, if people parked safely and properly, may need too as Steve Lawson suggesting a crowd of 2000 in his interview last week.  UTC

Edited by Neila
  • Like 1

Finally some good news for speedway. The comets are back! I shall try make a visit up one day this season. Good luck everyone 

• Like 3

On 4/25/2023 at 9:35 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep.I will be enjoying the festivities and celebrating with a beverage or two and will be in no fit state to be travelling 

Dry day so far with a bit of brightness and warm ish, will be interesting to see how the track rides. UTC

Been down to practice, track looks great and fast with great viewing from a higher level. Forecast rain didn’t happen, roll on next week, everything crossed for good weather.

I posted a little earlier that I would like to pop over from Newcastle to have look at the new set up

but unfortunately this will not happen now as I've been told that my car needs a part front end respray.

This is because some nice driver bumped the offside lower part panel on my car and sprung the body

work which I thumped back in shape but after a trip to my body repair garage because it also took off

some outer paint work and this needs repainting to repair the obvious white streak on my main body

colour which is dark blue.

This will set me back nearly £350.00 and as I'm not claiming on my insurance, I have to stand the cost

myself also I do have other things to pay for out of my works and state pension money that sadly means

I have to drop my planned trip to Workington for now.

Bob

Did we get to find out the riding order yet? I think it will be quite interesting to know as there's not really a stand out number 5 and all 4 of the top 5 (excluding Bailey) would make brilliant second strings