British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

He said last sat was off the next day to ride in poland was having to get used to the lifestyle !

Think it was for the Tue meeting,probably practicing before meeting

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

C,mon there is hardly any Teams left to argue about fixture nights.

Bet Godfrey can !!

20 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Seems strange redcar can switch from fridays to saturdays at will,when comets tried from sat to fri a certain chairman said no !

Things change in Speedway, Edinburgh previously blocked Glasgow riding on Fridays, but eventually they were overruled.

As for Redcar, hardly anyone races on Saturday's so there's no-one to complain.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, geoff100 said:

Seems strange redcar can switch from fridays to saturdays at will,when comets tried from sat to fri a certain chairman said no !

Redcar have moved to Saturday for BSN. It's the BSN Series semi-final. All semi-finals live on BSN. Glasgow v Scunny on Friday so Redcar moved to Saturday. The draw for the semi-finals only took place on 7th May.

• Like 1

im not 1 for sitting at speedway but it will be better at northside once seats are in will allow better viewing for the ones standing will give more space to get your preferd viewing place 

19 minutes ago, Neila said:

Got to hand it to the promotion,  trying something different speedway and music day 10th June 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02ZAaGTNMhNvGMm6VM6SEWFYKiVDdG5QxGwQsFH4xoCmMBMcfoUAeKs9YXBm9te52Yl&id=100047803096350

This is the type of thing the pig man promised us at Newcastle but failed to actually deliver on... Well done Workington :t:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

This is the type of thing the pig man promised us at Newcastle but failed to actually deliver on... Well done Workington :t:

Do you know why he didn't deliver on it?

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

1,too expensive          

2refused permmission

3couldnt be arsed 

37 minutes ago, StevePark said:

No matter what the excuses are, he shouldn't have promised things he knew he couldn't deliver on. But do tell, I may eat my words and apologize.

29 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

1,too expensive          

2refused permmission

3couldnt be arsed 

All of the above?

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

No matter what the excuses are, he shouldn't have promised things he knew he couldn't deliver on. But do tell, I may eat my words and apologize.

All of the above?

I don't know, which is why I asked.  But I notice you say "he knew he couldn't deliver on," which suggests you know?

My guess is that either Brough Park put a stop to a stage being set up on the dog track, or the Council stopped it (I know they they blocked the mini fair he wanted to put in the car park).  As far as cost is concerned, it was going to be a band made up of his mates and others, so would not have cost anything.

Anyway this is a Workington thread, so, apologies to all.

Belatedly adding 2p's worth: new Worky track is 'stupid wide', i.e. plenty of room, as my mate Tim puts it, he's not wrong there.  When the surface settles down and the dirt builds on the outside, there will be nowhere to hide, the attack from riders at the back could come from anywhere.  The prospect of watching Champs League & even Prem League riders on that track is literally mouth watering.  Very good indeed to see and brilliant stuff for all involved with the Comets :D....

5 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Belatedly adding 2p's worth: new Worky track is 'stupid wide', i.e. plenty of room, as my mate Tim puts it, he's not wrong there.  When the surface settles down and the dirt builds on the outside, there will be nowhere to hide, the attack from riders at the back could come from anywhere.  The prospect of watching Champs League & even Prem League riders on that track is literally mouth watering.  Very good indeed to see and brilliant stuff for all involved with the Comets :D....

Kevin little did say last week it could be too wide lol

34 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Kevin little did say last week it could be too wide lol

We will have to what Peterborough did and bring the white line in a bit, but it will still be wider than most other speedway tracks in this country :D