British Speedway Forum
Gazc

CHAMPIONSHIP PLANS FOR ’23

31 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Re the money situation. I know my club is accused and probably guilty of paying more than most and have a 2016 KO cup to show for it. It's no like football where we can go and buy 7 no.1s. we have to fit 7 guys under the same points limit as every other club, and who is considered a snip is all matter of opinion and some (most?) don't work out that way. 

The way some go on its as if successful businessmen are not welcome in British speedway 

It gets brought up on a daily basis , and usually by the same posters. 

Very tiresome.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Re the money situation. I know my club is accused and probably guilty of paying more than most and have a 2016 KO cup to show for it. It's no like football where we can go and buy 7 no.1s. we have to fit 7 guys under the same points limit as every other club, and who is considered a snip is all matter of opinion and some (most?) don't work out that way. 

The way some go on its as if successful businessmen are not welcome in British speedway 

Irrespective of what ANY Club pay they can only build aTeam to the points limit.it’s been proved a few times Teams on paper don’t mean a lot.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, snapper said:

I am guessing Richard has forgotten about winning the KO cup with Glasgow in 2016

Tbf Richard said he hadn't won a league title. 

• Like 1

Having thought about it a bit more - are the BSPL trying to drive out the double up riders by giving them too many fixtures? It's a problem which needs sorted at some point and this would be one way of going about it. I'm not sure I trust them to be that clever though.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

Business as usual then?

Hopefully not but fixtures need running, some1 needs to control the fixture list not cram them in like thus season  and let clubs dictate obviously wishful thinking because nothing will change 

3 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Hopefully not but fixtures need running, some1 needs to control the fixture list not cram them in like thus season  and let clubs dictate obviously wishful thinking because nothing will change 

In a world where meetings can be abandoned for any number of reasons and easily called off based on inaccurate weather forecasts we can't go on trying to accommodate rearranged fixtures. Clubs should not be allowed to call matches of on a whim, only an official independent body should... we are trying to run a credible sport in a professional manner after all

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

In a world where meetings can be abandoned for any number of reasons and easily called off based on inaccurate weather forecasts we can't go on trying to accommodate rearranged fixtures. Clubs should not be allowed to call matches of on a whim, only an official independent body should... we are trying to run a credible sport in a professional manner after all

The independent body would work to control it

21 minutes ago, mc131 said:

You just can't do that in modern Speedway, it's not just this season, it's every season and it's getting worse with forecast offs... and now they're planning to increase league fixtures! After the season we've just had! It beggars belief!

41 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Having thought about it a bit more - are the BSPL trying to drive out the double up riders by giving them too many fixtures? It's a problem which needs sorted at some point and this would be one way of going about it. I'm not sure I trust them to be that clever though.

The  Top riders have already said they can’t make it pay without doubling up so that won’t happen.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The  Top riders have already said they can’t make it pay without doubling up so that won’t happen.

This year they got paid for 20 league meetings, 2023 is scheduled for 32 league meetings that’s 12 more pay days?? How many do they need to make it worth while.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

There's nothing stopping them if that's the case. Except for the fact they'll have 32+ meetings to contend with in the Championship alone. 

29 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

This year they got paid for 20 league meetings, 2023 is scheduled for 32 league meetings that’s 12 more pay days?? How many do they need to make it worth while.

Don’t know if you are misunderstanding my Post,but they will still want to ride in Premiership and abroad.That will cause the same chaos in fixture list as last season.They rode in a lot more 20 league fixtures last because they were doubling up and riding abroad.

Edited by Fromafar

16 minutes ago, JCookie said:

There's nothing stopping them if that's the case. Except for the fact they'll have 32+ meetings to contend with in the Championship alone. 

That’s what I mean,it will cause chaos if they have 32 Championship fixtures too.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

That’s what I mean,it will cause chaos if they have 32 Championship fixtures too.

Hopefully let's some of the lesser lights make it pay as they're the ones we need to support. Nothing against them but the likes of Masters do not need the Championship.

• Like 1

Only thing I don’t understand, why don’t he promoters keep the 42.00 current limit? With Leicester going up the likes of Morris, Howarth and Worrall become available and all 3 can’t go to Birmingham to strengthen them? So we have top riders available which could miss out on a champ place due to a low points limit?