British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

1 hour ago, HGould said:

No brainer for me.

Little P has had a season to acclimatise, showed real signs of talent and will definitely up that average in 2023.

I've heard so many rumours but think Sedgeman is pretty much nailed on to return.

Not as sure as I was about Pickering but think Tom Brennan might be one to watch out for and possibly Bomber.

Where are you hearing these rumours?

1 hour ago, HGould said:

No brainer for me.

Little P has had a season to acclimatise, showed real signs of talent and will definitely up that average in 2023.

I've heard so many rumours but think Sedgeman is pretty much nailed on to return.

Not as sure as I was about Pickering but think Tom Brennan might be one to watch out for and possibly Bomber.

I'm not so sure about Pearson. Even if he puts 1.5 on his "actual" 2022 average he'd still finish below his 4.00 starting figure!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Where are you hearing these rumours?

Rumour mill from contacts who support or know insiders at PB.

If Glasgow had gone up Brennan was nailed on I was told and may not be a dead option even now.

Bomber wants a Midweek Track to optimise Weekend on Long/Grass Tracks, based where he now is and dislike of the Track puts him off Plymouth so toss up Brummies or Oxford.

Sedgeman might go to Glasgow IF Tom was loaned out.

Howarth , Starke are going elsewhere. Hadn't heard anything about Nick Morris but i can see the logic in it.

Complin a strong possibility and possibly Paco coming back (even though Edinburgh still in League as ideal again midweek option).

The other possibility if free would be Danny King.

Edited by HGould
added last line
  • Haha 1

I think with Pearson look at his results in polish U24 league, seemed to score well in most meetings out there so definitely a quality rider in there. After a season learning British tracks wouldn't be shocked if he puts 3 points on his actual average, get to 5.5/6

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HGould said:

If Glasgow had gone up Brennan was nailed on I was told and may not be a dead option even now.

Bomber wants a Midweek Track to optimise Weekend on Long/Grass Tracks, based where he now is and dislike of the Track puts him off Plymouth so toss up Brummies or Oxford.

Howarth , Starke are going elsewhere. Hadn't heard anything about Nick Morris but i can see the logic in it.

Complin a strong possibility and possibly Paco coming back (even though Edinburgh still in League as ideal again midweek option).

I can't imagine Glasgow would let Brennan go. Think Nick Morris has an average well above his ability, looks a quirk of the 10 match rolling aves rather than his true ability, as all his poor matches early season have been scrubbed from the stats!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

So, somebody who is close to the management team at pb has been passing you information directly to you and you post it on BSF? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Petecc said:

So, somebody who is close to the management team at pb has been passing you information directly to you and you post it on BSF? 

Where do you think rumours come from? That’s how we all find out our teams signings before they’re announced

2 minutes ago, Petecc said:

When have I said "close to management". Fans / Supporters and some who work on match nights who have heard rumours and seen things like brennan when he guested for us at end of last season and was very happy to spend far more time than actual team members and chatted to those around him.

9 hours ago, HGould said:

7 hours ago, Petecc said:

I gather that there's a vacancy for Minister of Propaganda in Moscow at present. Do well, and you get the bonus of a Dacha on the Black Sea coast...do badly and you get fired - attached to an artillery shell pointed at the Ukraine.  :rofl:

23 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I gather that there's a vacancy for Minister of Propaganda in Moscow at present. Do well, and you get the bonus of a Dacha on the Black Sea coast...do badly and you get fired - attached to an artillery shell pointed at the Ukraine.  :rofl:

I think Ukraine has enough problems without inflicting more.:t:

10 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I think with Pearson look at his results in polish U24 league, seemed to score well in most meetings out there so definitely a quality rider in there. After a season learning British tracks wouldn't be shocked if he puts 3 points on his actual average, get to 5.5/6

Be surprised if he gets anywhere near 5 really 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Next signing will be Stefan Nielsen... That would be a great 

When fit. Spends more time injured off track than on it racing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col said:

When fit. Spends more time injured off track than on it racing.

Bit harsh...he was the 2nd most present rider for B'ham in the League matches last season!

21 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Bit harsh...he was the 2nd most present rider for B'ham in the League matches last season!

True though! Some riders just are. When Stef was riding for Poole in 2021, one of his targets was to go a season without getting injured.