British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

43 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

The trouble now is : Only 8 meaningful fixtures ! the scrapping of 2 home/away is going to have a significant impact on attendances, unless it's a KOC Final meeting.

Only a handful of fans turn up for mickey mouse competitions!

Biggest mistake by the promoters overturning the 2 home 2 away LEAGUE meetings for 2023. They should have asked the fans what they think!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Biggest mistake by the promoters overturning the 2 home 2 away LEAGUE meetings for 2023. They should have asked the fans what they think!

Couldn't agree more. When they talk about cutting costs and then agree to have 3/4 meetings in a Mickey Mouse cup that no-one will bother watching. I'd sooner scrap the KO Cup and have the extra league meetings.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

the scrapping of 2 home/away is going to have a significant impact on attendances

Annual totals yes, but attendance per meeting, probably not. The Brummies are down to the hard core "die hard fans" now, who will attend no matter what the cost. I just hope that their stadium rental is on a "per meeting" basis rather than "per season". If that's the case then there may be hope.

Only a £2 differential between full fare and OAP discount, down from the £3 previously. That's a step in the right direction. Also, the incentive for students is positive, in the hope of attracting the next generation of fans in.

18 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

think you will find all clubs will be increasing admission prices in 2023

Think many will see reduced attendances too. 11% price hike is pretty hefty even if everyone else is attempting it too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Do they ever ask the fans what they think, maybe too afraid to find out.

14 minutes ago, screm said:

If they did, I would doubt they would take any notice anyway.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

They couldn't fit all last seasons fixtures in, pointless trying to double it really 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

3 hours ago, screm said:

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

They did ask the fans what they thought of the points system of which over 70% decided to go back to 2 point wins, no away bonus points & aggregate point for the technical tracks to benefit from.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, screm said:

You're asking about speedway promoters doing market research??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:  Now I know you've got a sense of humour. :party:

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, Brummies23 said:

I would be happy with a team off!!

1) Harris 

2) Stefan Nielsen

3) Justin Sedgmen

4) James Wright 

5) Tom Brennan

6)Dan Thompson

7)James Pearson

Maybe swap Brennan and Sedgmen around 

1) Sam masters 

2) Nielsen 

3) Justin sedgmen 

4) paco 

5) Tom Brennan

6) Lee complin 

7) James Pearson 

hopefully this fits.. 

On 11/24/2022 at 4:24 PM, IronScorpion said:

They did ask the fans what they thought of the points system of which over 70% decided to go back to 2 point wins, no away bonus points & aggregate point for the technical tracks to benefit from.

I don't really understand this argument that bonus points will benefit "technical tracks" as

1) Teams have to win on aggregate in the play-offs already

2) clubs like Edinburgh & Wolves keep qualifying for the play-offs but don't win on aggregate, I assume most people would say these are "technical" tracks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brummies23 said:

1) Sam masters 

2) Nielsen 

3) Justin sedgmen 

4) paco 

5) Tom Brennan

6) Lee complin 

7) James Pearson 

hopefully this fits.. 

Only 3 right there try again 

• Haha 1

What happened to the minimum number of meetings required by the stadium owners referred to by the Brummies Owner/Promoter earlier this year?  Wasn't it 20 or something similar?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What happened to the minimum number of meetings required by the stadium owners referred to by the Brummies Owner/Promoter earlier this year?  Wasn't it 20 or something similar?

The common opinion was 20 meetings / £40,000 per annum and they'd have to pay £40,000 as a figure if not 20 meetings.

Everyone I've spoken to thinks we were one of the 3 Clubs who opposed 2 x home and away. Oxford and Berwick due to NDL.

The most popular logic seems to be that Nigel thinks its more financially sensible to ride minimum of 11 Home and Away as opposed to minimum of 17 Home and Away.

So the question is have 

(a) Owners reduced the Rent

(b) Nigel decided he can lose LESS with less meetings and more quality over quantity. He'll certainly have to fork out less for AWAY points and travel and that aspect is often overlooked, ignored ot some simply don't understand that Home matches have to pay for Away too.

I am 100% sure personally that the Rent will be the same and he's calculated that B) (b) is the better option to reduce losses and move towrds break even.

There is also rumour of a further silent partner pumping significant money in, not sure if that's true or not but he does have friends in the Sport known to have some financial clout.

• Like 1