British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

19 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

You've got Justin to back Nick up, will do just as well, if not better than an Scott

He's ok if he gates....but if he doesnt ? ...... give me Nicholls any day of the week!

49 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

He's ok if he gates....but if he doesnt ? ...... give me Nicholls any day of the week!

Premiership playoff final 2nd leg heat 14 Justin went from last to first passing Blodorn then Brennan.

Think it's more down to the Birmingham track than his ability to overtake.

Anyway wasn't it Scott instead of Nick Morris that you wanted?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

How come pearson doesnt get a reassessed average for 2023 after last year?

Anything less than a 4.00 would be an insult for "the hottest property to come from Australia since Darcy Ward" - as he was hyped-up, at the start of the year.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

A 2pt reserve would put a lot of pressure on Pearson, who looked out of his depth last season. But's been doing well in Oz.

Not at all true; he won plenty of races, including one at Leicester.

19 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Not at all true; he won plenty of races, including one at Leicester.

Plenty - 6 in the whole season 3H & 3A, a 4 pt rider that averaged just over 2.

I saw him on 2 occasions home and away against Glasgow and he scored 1 in both meetings. A wee boy who looked out of his depth.

With all the 2pt reserves and in a second season hopefully he'll do better next year

• Like 2

4 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Anything less than a 4.00 would be an insult for "the hottest property to come from Australia since Darcy Ward" - as he was hyped-up, at the start of the year.

They definitely filled the hype, I don't see it myself 

51 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Plenty - 6 in the whole season 3H & 3A, a 4 pt rider that averaged just over 2.

I saw him on 2 occasions home and away against Glasgow and he scored 1 in both meetings. A wee boy who looked out of his depth.

With all the 2pt reserves and in a second season hopefully he'll do better next year

Six may not sound a lot, but three were in the last five meetings.

On 12/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, uk_martin said:

Is he owned by Brummie ? 

So it's predictions time. Who will be the seventh rider. An experienced rider from overseas,  a British rider with years of experience or an un known German?             (Wild guesses only.)

21 minutes ago, Petecc said:

So it's predictions time. Who will be the seventh rider. An experienced rider from overseas,  a British rider with years of experience or an un known German?             (Wild guesses only.)

Who ever it is don't think it will make the team play off contenders? 

2 hours ago, Petecc said:

So it's predictions time. Who will be the seventh rider. 

Who's likely to retire after a couple of meetings so that the Brummies can revert to type by employing a season's worth of tactical guest riders?

On 12/21/2022 at 8:10 PM, mc131 said:

They definitely filled the hype, I don't see it myself 

JP had very little 500cc experience and is definitely one for the future. 

Hell definitely need more core strength and its a shame he doesn't appear to qualify for NDL as that would have boosted his development. 

He seems emotionally mature though which will serve him well and his winter results have shown real progress in his own environment. 

If he and Brummies persevere no reason why he can't hit 4 plus in 23 and then improve again. 

Let's not forget he arrived as a 16 year old not in his early 20s like some he's been unfairly compared with. 

• Like 2