British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

what makes you say that ?  

It's become apparent I'm wrong and manzares is brums 7th rider.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lewy said:

It's become apparent I'm wrong and manzares is brums 7th rider.

He had to have ridden for one of the two. He said about a month ago he had a deal in the UK. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aries said:

He had to have ridden for one of the two. He said about a month ago he had a deal in the UK. 

He said he had a deal in Europe. Gino didn't want to do UK but I'm guessing he may have been persuaded

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

next week!!

A wise man (the font of all knowledge) once said he knew who the 7th rider is  because a source had told him. We are still waiting. 

10 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

He said he had a deal in Europe. Gino didn't want to do UK but I'm guessing he may have been persuaded

That’s different to what he’s been saying  on a regular basis over the last 12 months! According to him he’s been desperate to return to the UK and has written to many UK promoters to confirm his availability.

Edited by Aries
  • Like 1

Great news finally! I’m getting fed up of waiting. 

17 hours ago, Deano said:

Great news finally! I’m getting fed up of waiting. 

What great news is that?

It's  a 4 point rider... can't see what any excitement or concern this/that would cause . Morris on a 10 is the damage and fault for the season IMO

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

It's  a 4 point rider... can't see what any excitement or concern this/that would cause concern. Morris on a 10 is the damage and fault for the season IMO

Ausie keleher fit ?

On 2/25/2023 at 9:29 AM, *JJ said:

What great news is that?

That we are “imminently” about to find out who our final rider is. 

20 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

It's  a 4 point rider... can't see what any excitement or concern this/that would cause concern. Morris on a 10 is the damage and fault for the season IMO

You didn't have a number one last year, now you've got one of the best riders in the division and you're still not happy.

If he doesn't live up to his average then you'll be able to sign one of the numerous 5 point riders left without a team place to strengthen your lower order 

• Like 1

Surely Gino or Tobias T with Gino strong favourite. 

Might be a Brit but hard to see who to use up most of the points. 

Unless they get averages down quickly early season to get a Kemp type option by June. 

21 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

You didn't have a number one last year, now you've got one of the best riders in the division and you're still not happy.

If he doesn't live up to his average then you'll be able to sign one of the numerous 5 point riders left without a team place to strengthen your lower order 

Not sure where I've stated anything to do with 'happiness' ? Just merely pointing out what I think is a mistake with team building, after last seasons debacle.

Birmingham Speedway have been busy sorting supporter parking arrangements for the forthcoming 2023 season.

Following changes to the parking arrangements at the One Stop Shopping Centre, supporters will no longer be able to park on the complex and the promotion have known this for some time and have been busy arranging alternatives.

New Marketing Director Steve Rolleston, as part of his remit in bringing in more sponsorship and advertising, has secured parking just round the corner from the stadium with new advertisers BRACEBRIDGE ENGINEERING and KALSI KITCHENS on Walsall Road. He is also in talks with other businesses close to the stadium to have use of their car parking as well.

In addition there will be the usual car park at the stadium by the old car wash whilst inside parking in the stadium is being revamped and spaces made available to season ticket holders at a reduced rate.

Full details of the parking arrangements will be confirmed closer to the season, which starts with the West Midlands Challenge against a Coventry Bees Select on Wednesday, April 12 (7.30).

On 2/19/2023 at 4:48 PM, secsy1 said:

Gino Manzares would fit!

Just remember who said it first :party: